Baiting

Originally Posted By: dog drillerfirst pic hope this works 44# female. This was the coyote from one of my previous posts after making adjustments on the weekend shot this 100 yds....all moonlight. Having trouble posting actual pic ..no trouble posting link what am I doing wrong?

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4664/40138315401_1ba8e28449_m.jpg
If your using Flickr - bring up the picture you want to post. Bottom right corner of the screen is an arrow (share icon) - click on that. One of the tabs listed is BBCode, click on that. The code should be highlighted, like blue. Right click on the code and click Copy. Paste that into your message on PM. Click Preview Post to see if actual picture appears. At least that's how I do it.

Open the picture in Flickr. Down in the right hand corner you'll see some little icons one of them looks like a curve that you would see on the road sign. You need to click on that and then you need to go to BB code and copy the link in the box and then when you post it'll open the picture up.

Very good job dog driller...fantastic!!! Big coyote for sure!!!
Now, I thought I better try and keep up with DoubleUp...so went calling this afternoon. 4 minutes in and a pair comes rolling in on a string. The first one did not stop long enough to squeeze off a shot and disappeared over a knoll. Here comes the second one and stops at 150 yds...DRT. I know this is the baiting thread...but...just thought I would squeeze a called one in too.
j2-7calling (2) by jrhranch, on Flickr

DSCN9390 by jrhranch, on Flickr

Keep up all the good work guys!!!

Will try the pic advice ...THANKS to all. Nice going BP...fur looks pretty good. My activity is picking up again. When I shot the female.... nothing for almost a week and now fresh tracks are telling me another story.

6mm, That is a brand new Remington 700 .22-250. It has had about 20 rounds down the tube. I kind of enjoy "building" rifles, so this is an ADL(inexpensive) that I'm going to convert to a BDL with drop box mag. Just had to go out and play with it though. The scope is a Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x50 V-brite. I love the reticles in those...they don't wash the target with too much brightness.
.223 build from ADL by jrhranch, on Flickr
This is the same gun in .223 that I did a couple months ago. A tack driver. The last 3 coyotes I shot with this gun were at the 170 yd site and anchored all 3. It has the same scope. I don't really buy all the negative .223 conversation on other threads...I think the .223 is a heck of versatile round!!!

I suspect as well that the 223 gets blamed for a lot of shooter error. Nice looking outfit bp.

This is a video clip of a coyote I shot on the bait pile last year with my Stage AR in 223 shooting a 50 v-max at only 3,100 fps. I killed several with that combination last year and it was devastating on them.

Here is another video with the same combination. It literally smoked him.

Very nice DU!!! NICE!!!I do like the .223 and would never be without one! I would agree DU, on the shooter error, shot placement...and we all have that luck sometimes. It's not the caliber. Thanks for the videos!!!

bp, that's one great benefit of video through the scope. I've "unfortunately" made some shots where I would have sworn that I was dead on target, but when the video is played in slow motion it revealed just how wrong I was. Every coyote hunter knows that Wiley E. doesn't normally stay still long at the time, and so there is a tendency to rush the shot and not get really steady at the trigger pull. The results will usually be seen as the animal runs off unscathed or even worse----crippled.

Absolutely 100% agree...more yanked trigger jerks than we want to admit to. But you know...that .223 just ain't enough gun
smile.gif

Nice rifle and scope, Baitpile. I have looked at the Crossfire V-Bright scopes too.

Gobbler, looks like the X-Sight is working well for you. I got mine yesterday but worked late last night, so haven't even opened the box yet. I'm anxious to get it running.

Back