385 days

I bought mine in Dec. 2015 and got it in Feb 2017 if I remember correctly. I never did receive an actual stamp. I got a letter/ certified copy of the stamp

I've been told the guys filing individual Form 4's instead of using a Trust, are coming back in about half the time.

I keep hearing of guys going the individual route and getting their stamps back in 6 months or even less but I'm not sure if that's internet BS or truth.

Originally Posted By: Wyoming WinchesterPicked up my last one in Dec, after an 8 month wait.

Did you go individual or use a trust? Only 8 months, I'm going to guess individual, yes?

It stinks there is so much difference in wait times. I went the trust route just for ease of transfer after I pass etc... and now it seems to be a penalty for planning ahead some. I hope the government finds a streamline way to get the wait times back to less than a year.

Originally Posted By: ksduckhntrI hope the government finds a streamline way to get the wait times back to less than a year.

Oh, your a funny guy ksduchhntr! Using "government" and "streamline" in the same sentence. Don't ya know, there ain't nuttin streamlined about ANYTHING involving the government. If there's a slower and more expensive way to do things, it's just about a guarantee, that's how they'll do it every time. Government, streamlined, you funny... lol

I had a trust. Been there a few times before. TBAC did the work. I signed, paid, and mailed the packet.

I think it was the timing. Got it mailed while everybody was waiting for the National Bill to go thru.

Last edited:

I mailed a form 1 in October last year, the year before it took 8 months for my can.
I hope I get it before I die. I will be 71 in June.

I am tempted to buy a can and file as an individual just so I would have one before the other two in a trust get released. Seems like I would be ahead by a few months.

Back