Battery Suggestions?

duckstopper

What specific batteries are people having good luck with for their Shockwave TX1000 remote?

I've tried Duracell Coppertops, but they only seem to last for about 10 stands.

Originally Posted By: duckstopperWhat specific batteries are people having good luck with for their Shockwave TX1000 remote?

I've tried Duracell Coppertops, but they only seem to last for about 10 stands.

the remote itself?

i use regular alkaline energizers in it. get dozens and dozens, maybe a 100 stands with mine. i do have it set so the backlight only stays on a few seconds after a button push. i think on the tx100 remote the backlight being on kills battery life.

Energizer ultimate lithium, I started using them about 3 weeks ago, 15-20 stands a week. So far I am blown away with the performance, the batteries I put in 3 weeks ago are still in the remote. I typically bought a couple of the 40 pack duracell/energizer AA, always had backup batteries in my pocket. The cold eats up the alkaline batteries pretty bad. I was out yesterday, 4am until dark 6 pm, was -12 in the morning and never got above zero, the battery level finally dropped one notch off of full.

Panasonic Eneloop Pro rechargeables. I had been using the Energizer lithium batteries but made the switch to the Panasonic rechargeables and they have paid for themselves in one season. I use them for the TX1000 and my gps units.

Originally Posted By: SeebassI use 2300mAh Energizer rechargeables. They were my old caller batteries before I switched to Li-ion packs.

ME 2.

The Red Tops work pretty well also.

Originally Posted By: ah929rrEnergizer ultimate lithium, nothing better then these!

This. I've used my Shockwave on hundreds of stands over the past three years or so and I'm on my second set of batteries in the remote. I installed those in February 2016 during the PM Convention/Hunt in Tucson. I finished out that spring, left the batteries in the remote, used it all of the 2016/2017 season and now the 2017/2018 season, including lots of stands in Nevada last September. The battery meter on the remote is pretty low now though, so I'm probably due for the third set.

OK, the reason for asking the original question was in my Fury remote I would put a new set of batteries in once a year. With my new Shockwave I need to change batteries every week using Duracell Copper Tops.

I took some of your advice and picked up some Energizer Ultimate Lithiums to try.In my caller I use Tenergy rechargeables and manage to get 2 to 3 weeks of calling before I need to recharge.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

I remember now changing some settings on my TX 1000s to reduce the load and enhance the battery time.

Anyone remember that secret sequence of settings?

Back