Picked up a Christensen Arms MPR.

Kingzero

Picked up one of the new Modern Precision Rifles from Christensen Arms in 6.5 Creedmoor. This thing is awesome and I sure hope it shoots. Reviews from others who already have them is really positive and seem to have no problem getting half to sub half MOA. I topped it with Nightforce rings and a gen II PST 3-15 FFP.

pXchdtp.jpg

It weights 10lbs 9oz the way it sits in the pic. The bare rifle is 7lbs 14oz which is 8oz more than they advertise. My suppressor will add right at another pound.

I have their CA15 3 Gun with an 18” carbon fiber barrel. It shoots great. It came with that same brake in titanium. Didn’t take me long to take it off, way to loud! Never really understood why one would need a brake on a .223 anyway. If your barrel jumps up a little due to the lite weight of the carbon fiber you can pull the front two top screws out of that brake and it will keep the barrel down. I noticed mine doing it some on the bench and after opening up the front two ports on the brake it stayed down. I really haven’t noticed any jump after removing the brake and can still keep my target in the scope after each shot, plus my ears don’t ring afterwards.

Nice gun. I’ve been looking at them as well. But I’m wanting a .243 and they don’t chamber it in that caliber.

Last edited:
I got out to shoot it today but ran into some problems. I had 7 rounds of American Eagle match 140's that I was going to burn up and everything went good. I used 2 rounds to get a rough zero and shot a 3 round group @ 1.1" and the other 2 @ 0.65". Not super but not terrible and I wasn't very stable. Next I moved to some 120 ELD's I had left over from my Tikka.....and they wouldn't chamber. Like I couldn't move the bolt forward the last 1/4". Well [beeep]....went home and got out the OAL gage and calipers and after a while found out this rifle has a tight throat....like really tight. I have some 140 Matchkings that measure .263" with my calipers and with enough persuasion can get one pushed in to the lands. It also takes a little persuasion to get back out, but it fits. I tried that with a 120 Eld that measures .2635" and it's a no-go. I grabbed another ELD, chucked it in my drill and took some 320 grit sandpaper to it till it measured .2625" and it will slide into the lands. I loaded 2 dummy rounds with the ELD's and did the old sharpie trick. You can see in the pic where the regular ELD hits and prevents chambering and where the sanded one chambers but still drags a little.

gwpniqJ.jpg

I don't know whether I should buy more factory American Eagle ammo and shoot to see if it gets better or to send it back. Kinda sucks when you spend this much money and [beeep] doesn't work. Wonder if it was cut with a worn out reamer or what? Let me know what you guys think.

My RPR has a tight throat also. I measured all my bullets I reload in the RPR with my Hornady OAL. I need to load to the book and this gives me about 2 thousands to play with. 2 of the bullets can't be loaded to the book without being jammed into the lands. I suppose this is one of the things that makes this rifle a RPR rifle besides the rifling. Rudy

Back