Nothing like a December Pdog shoot and keeping the hawks fed!

204 AR

I kind of stumbled onto a huge pdog town the other day, kind of a friend of a friend thing. I scouted it out last weekend and made a couple blank coyote stands but when I saw how big the dog town was I knew I needed to come back with the appropriate arsenal soon! These dogs hadn't been educated with a phd in gun-shy-ology yet and hopefully with the use of the suppressors they will stay half way dumb.

This guy was first to fall to the HMR, looks relaxed.

1libYYol.jpg

Within minutes of starting shooting, 4 hawks made good use of the kills. They hung around most of the day and I managed to get some decent pics.
BeooqJQl.jpg

And he invited a buddy!

Fbe8VW3l.jpg

Doesn't take them long to clean up a dog!

I didn't take any pics of dogs shot with the 204 or 223AI, too graphic! All in all I'm claiming roughly 200 kills, can't wait to tear them up this spring!

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnothope those hawks dont ingest to much of that evil lead.

That actually crossed my mind also lol. I'd be in trouble in Cali!

I wonder if coyotes get jealous of the protected birds of prey. Just imagine a pack of coyotes coming out at the sound of gunfire to munch on dead pdogs. It would be pretty entertaining.

Man, you lucked out. I haven't seen any dogs around here in weeks, snow, cold, and blowing like a San Diego hooker on a port call paid day.
Good show, nothing like a good range rat blasting for boosting morale

Originally Posted By: WyYoteKiller
Good show, nothing like a good range rat blasting for boosting morale

Yip, and my morale needed a boost! Coyotes are too smart for me right now, I'm going back to rodents! Maybe I can trap some mice if I can out-fox them!

Quote:hope those hawks dont ingest to much of that evil lead. Why not, they will just die. I worked on a large scale interagency fire a few years back with a person that does Burrowing Owl studies. Seems lead ingestion is a problem in p-dog towns that are also inhabited by the owls. Sad to say, there are probably more owls that are shot than poisoned. FWIW, I shoot a lot of p-dogs in towns that are frequented by raptors of all sorts. I think lead poisoning of raptors is overstated. One of our local wildlife biologists agrees.

Back