Pmag 204 Modification

r15 reeper

so if you look inside the Pmag you will see on each side a piece if molded plastic that runs the full length of the magazine. This is where the neck and shoulder junction ride when the 223 case is used. since the 204 is longer this pieces cause the case to be tight in the mag and not allow it feed properly out of the Pmags. So what I did was to take a file and file down these plastic ridges to get the 204 case to fit and feed from the mag properly.Here are some pics of what I did and it works flawlsly. If you have any questions let me know.
Later Pete
1.Filing down the ridge go slow and take your time.

2.What it looks like after filing.

3.Tan 223 Pmag compared to modified 204 Black Pmag.I took away just enough material that the bullets would load easily in the magazine.

4.Tan 223 Pmag with Bullets and Modified Black 204 Pmag with bullets.

Great tutorial right there r15 reeper
thumbup1.gif

Thanks for the info. I recently went to shoot Pd's and I brought my 2 new Pmags with me. I figured these would work as good as my old surplus mil. mags, so I didn't bring any other mags. My mistake, all I could load into the mags was 5 rounds that would feed properly. I thought I was going to have to sell these 2 mags. I just wish that I had known 2 weeks ago.lol

Thanks again,

Jimmy

This same mod helps with 300blk in Pmags also. I sometimes just file from the top enough to let the upper 2-3 rounds line up for proper feeding.

Had issues with my 204 AR and this solved the problem. Was getting the halfmoon dents on the body of the case, filed down the 2 notches the length of a 10 round PMAG and issues gone.

Originally Posted By: koomanbadass! I will get to filing, will save me from buying more lancer mags, powellsixo, thanks for digging this one up

It's tough going, those Pmags are made out of some tough stuff. Lol. But the more you file off of the Pmag, the better it gets. I filed those deals down to where there was less than a 1/16" left. I shot 50 rounds out of the rifle this weekend, and not one issue. It cycled the ammo with no issues.

Last edited:
Back from the dead. I know this thread is pretty old but would anyone still happen to have the pictures saved? I need to know how to do this.

The pictures are still there. If you use Google Chrome or Firefox the following link to the free add-ons will allow you to see them as they were originally posted.

There are Free Add-Ons available for both Chrome and Firefox, which will let you choose to see the original photo instead of the "ransom block" image, throughout the Internet.

For Chrome - chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... aedg?hl=en

Then search for PHOTOBUCKET

for Firefox - addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/

With this, you can see everyone's old photobucket images in context on every thread and every website.

Uploading the patch, you're not doing photobucket any favors, giving them any money, agreeing with them - all you're doing is restoring your old knowledge base to where it was before the photobucket ransom

If you want to remove the add on later, go to Add-ons/Extensions and remove or disable it, or with Chrome, just right-click on your toolbar.

Figured it out. On safari mobile, just hold down on it and select “open in new tab”. It came right up. Hope this helps someone else.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Didas42Figured it out. On safari mobile, just hold down on it and select “open in new tab”. It came right up. Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks

Back