Night Goggles OWL Mechanical Remote Pan-Head for Thermal Scopes

Victor_TNVC

NightGoggles has released the new OWL, this below from Tom at NGI who is at the Show Show.

Night Goggles OWL Mechanical Remote Pan-Head

The Night Goggles OWL will change the way you scout and locate game. Compatible with any Pulsar NV or Thermal device equipped with Stream Vision, the OWL is the most affordable, remote pan-head thermal system in existence. Coupled with the revolutionary Rig Wheels magnet, the OWL can be mounted to any metal surface in an instant. You can now scout using NV or Thermal from the comfort of your vehicle's interior and redefine fair-chase.

Specs;
2 lb Load Capacity
Continuous and Time-Lapse Speed Options
360° Full Rotation
270° Side-to-Side Mode
IR Remote for Direction & Speed Control
Power by Two AAA Batteries or 5V USB
1/4"-20 Tripod Mounting Thread
1/4"-20 Camera Screw Phone Holder and Mini Tilt Head
1/4"-20 Rig Wheels Magnet (55 lbs pull weight)
Retail $89.00

The new OWL will be on the NGI web site 2 weeks after Shot Show. Thank you.

Here is a better pic from Shot.

Owl-430232.jpg

Originally Posted By: wardogoAwesome!

Don’t you have to worry about your thermal lens taking damage?

Your not driving down the highway with it, slow speed off-road.

Originally Posted By: wardogoWhere do you order the screen to watch it on?

Any device you have that has bluetooth, such as your iPAD, etc.

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: wardogoWhere do you order the screen to watch it on?

Cool.

What screen is that you use in the video and how did you mount it?

Originally Posted By: wardogo Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: wardogoWhere do you order the screen to watch it on?

Cool.

It's an iPAD and I'm not sure what Tom used to mount it. He's at Shot Show but I'm sure he will show up to sometime to answer.

The Remote Pan-Head is allowing the user control over rotating the Pulsar, but I would have to assume the Stream Vision app is what is sending the video to the device. So, the answer to what type of screen would be any device ios or android that can load the Stream Vision application and connect (most likely wireless). I will let Tom reply but this seems to make the most sense.

Originally Posted By: wardogo Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: wardogoWhere do you order the screen to watch it on?

Cool.

Correct on iPad. It was just sitting on the dash for this quick commercial. There are lots of viable mounting options on the market.

Originally Posted By: KirschThe Remote Pan-Head is allowing the user control over rotating the Pulsar, but I would have to assume the Stream Vision app is what is sending the video to the device. So, the answer to what type of screen would be any device ios or android that can load the Stream Vision application and connect (most likely wireless). I will let Tom reply but this seems to make the most sense.

Precisely!
thumbup1.gif

Also wanted to mention... The Night Goggles OWL will be included free with every purchase of a NGI Pulsar scope that uses their Stream Technology. Tom from NGI will be posting more info when they get back from Shot.

Hi guys
Was interested in self filming with my IRD Reap Ir, I have a phone adaptor but was looking for something I could pan with hands free by using a remote. Could I use this unit ?
Thank you again you folks always come up with devices that help us hunters out.

Last edited:
Dang it... I guess my PTS233 doesn't have this capability? Not even with some software and a cable in the USB-C port and a laptop?

That would be super helpful in locating hogs at night.

Originally Posted By: LDhunterDang it... I guess my PTS233 doesn't have this capability? Not even with some software and a cable in the USB-C port and a laptop?

That would be super helpful in locating hogs at night.

Not at the present but FLIR did tell us that they are working on something similar so maybe in the distant future? Don't hold me to the fire over that, please!

Back