Atlas Bipod Knockoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

billt

I decided to take a chance and order one of these based on several You Tube comparisons. Along with the fact I have always felt that Atlas Bipods were way overpriced for what they are. It came the other day, and on first inspection I must say I'm very pleased with the overall quality. The plated finish seems very durable. The threads and screws, along with the rail attachment point and legs all tightened up very securely.

I won't know for sure how well it's going to deliver until I mount it on a rifle, and get it out to the range for a good workout. That will probably happen next week some time. I have several AR's I can mount it on. Most likely one of my scoped Colt's or Bushmasters. If they run as well as they look, I'm going to buy several more. For $ 43.00 each they are a good deal. Certainly better than paying over $ 250.00 for an original Atlas. I can't gas up my truck for $ 43.00 these days.

https://www.amazon.com/Twod-Rifle-Bipod-...XF6XF6E0KWY801C

xlffmOw.jpg

KJDeKGC.jpg

So...paying 43 for stolen intellectual property is "definitely better" than paying full price?

Awesome.

By the way, they arent over priced, as they sell quite well. The issue with their value lies with you, not them. They dont hold that kind of value for me, therefore I dont own one. Instead, I choose to buy a product, like Harris, that does proved an equitable value for my needs, not support trade piracy.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadSo...paying 43 for stolen intellectual property is "definitely better" than paying full price?

Awesome.

By the way, they arent over priced, as they sell quite well. The issue with their value lies with you, not them. They dont hold that kind of value for me, therefore I dont own one. Instead, I choose to buy a product, like Harris, that does proved an equitable value for my needs, not support trade piracy.

Wow!

Supporting American companies is important, especially in the firearm industry.

Giving your money instead to the Chinese who use our money to sway our elections isn't sustainable.

Buy the chinese crap if you have to but PLEASE do not advertise for them.

There are a lot of great American decent priced bipods. Advertising for Chinese stolen knock offs of American products shouldn't even be allowed on the site.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadSo...paying 43 for stolen intellectual property is "definitely better" than paying full price? Awesome. By the way, they arent over priced, as they sell quite well. The issue with their value lies with you, not them. They dont hold that kind of value for me, therefore I dont own one. Instead, I choose to buy a product, like Harris, that does proved an equitable value for my needs, not support trade piracy.

Brother, where do I start? I knew this was coming, so it doesn't surprise me. First off, yes, the issue of their value lies with me, just as it does you. Which is why neither of us own one. We don't think the value is there for the price. The difference is while you chose to not own one, I made the choice to go with a much cheaper, well manufactured facsimile. Secondly, I own several Harris Bipods. I don't care for the springs hanging out everywhere, along with all the cheap stamped sheet metal construction. They work, I'm just not that big of a fan of their design, along with the lack of adjustability compared to this model. And I don't believe their cost is representative of what you're getting. And I base that assumption on 45 years of working in the metal working trades. And yes, they sell well too. That changes nothing.

Lastly, it's called a free market because it is just that. If a design can be copied and produced more cost effectively, it will be. That's a fact of life in manufacturing. In everything from women's cologne to socket wrenches, to rifle bipods. If instead you choose to do without, or else purchase something else that is your choice. But don't lecture me on marketing morals.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerSupporting American companies is important, especially in the firearm industry. Giving your money instead to the Chinese who use our money to sway our elections isn't sustainable. Buy the chinese crap if you have to but PLEASE do not advertise for them. There are a lot of great American decent priced bipods. Advertising for Chinese stolen knock offs of American products shouldn't even be allowed on the site.

I'm not "advertising" for anyone or anything. I purchased a product for an affordable price. I was surprised at the quality of the goods I received. I thought someone else might be interested in the same. You had better get used to the fact this is not only happening, but it is going to continue to happen, and even on a much larger scale as time moves forward. It's called competition in a global market. And it's here to stay regardless if you like it, or approve of it, or not.

If you instead choose to pay more for the same thing, or buy something else not as good that's made here, that is your prerogative. I have, and this time I chose not to. I'm retired, and my economy comes before yours or anyone else's. If you don't approve of that, and it doesn't sit well with you, that's too bad. And you don't have any authority to say what should or shouldn't be "allowed" on this forum, so stop whining about it. If you don't like it, then move along.

I run all harris except for 2 that are imitation harris. One is acceptable quality and the other is not so I don't use it.

Never used an atlas and probably never will due to the cost. But I do like the looks and features of them so at $43 I'd probably try one of these at some point. That said, I'd prefer it in black and in 9-13" legs as they are a better fit for me when prone. The 6-9" are good for the bench though.

I can't find anywhere that says they are made in China on Amazon. Do they say where they are made on the packaging?

Last edited:
You did not purchase a "cheaper version," you bought stolen goods...no matter how you want to spin it to make yourself feel better.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadYou did not purchase a "cheaper version," you bought stolen goods.

Stop talking like a complete stupid fool. It is ILLEGAL to purchase stolen goods. This product is sold at several sites, and is perfectly legal. You don't have a clue of what you're even taking about. I find it truly amazing how people like yourself can talk so eloquently straight out of your a$$.

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorI can't find anywhere that says they are made in China on Amazon. Do they say where they are made on the packaging?

I honestly don't know where they are made. There was nothing on the box anywhere that said it was, "Made In China". That is the assumption most people automatically make because of the products much lower cost. But if it is or not I can't say for sure. And for what it's worth, it is available in a black oxide finish as well from a different vendor, if you prefer.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZ62A9L/ref...p;pd_rd_w=Jxwud

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotnews flash. been going on long before we were born and will be going on long after we are dead. not worth getting all worked up about.

Exactly. And it will be going on more and more as time marches on. Harbor Freight was built on Chinese manufacturing. Do they not employ American workers? This whole stupid argument is going the same place the, "don't buy Japanese cars" argument went in the 60's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back