ELD-X or ELD-M

Last year I shot a nice buck at 185 yards with my 6.5 creedmoor and a 143gr eldx at 2650fps at the muzzle. I made a high shoulder shot. He dropped on the spot. 6.5 hole in, inside was mush and a quarter sized exit hole.

Shot a doe a few days later with the same load. Shot was 200 yards. Hit bottom 1/3 behind the leg. Again 6.5 hole in, mush inside with a quarter sized exit hole. She stumbled about 5 yards and fell dead and left a nice blood trail for about 4 yards.

I bought 200 more of them to reload. I get nice groups using H4831sc.

Originally Posted By: emptymagLast year I shot a nice buck at 185 yards with my 6.5 creedmoor and a 143gr eldx at 2650fps at the muzzle. I made a high shoulder shot. He dropped on the spot. 6.5 hole in, inside was mush and a quarter sized exit hole.

Shot a doe a few days later with the same load. Shot was 200 yards. Hit bottom 1/3 behind the leg. Again 6.5 hole in, mush inside with a quarter sized exit hole. She stumbled about 5 yards and fell dead and left a nice blood trail for about 4 yards.

I bought 200 more of them to reload. I get nice groups using H4831sc.

Hard to argue with that result.

Somewhere I read that the difference between the ELDM and ELDX design is that the ELDM does not have the cavity behind the tip to initiate expansion as the tip drives back. Anyone know if there is any truth to that? I just read it online and don't know.

I milled some 6.5 eldx and eldm up the other day. Orkan has them for some high quality images and write up in the future.
I don’t recall if they had a cavity. I do know that the eldx has a tappered thickness jacket. Being thicker at the back.

Last edited:
I've had very good results with the eldx out of my cm.
The rifle killed 2 bulls this past fall.. first at 320 and the second at 400.. very pleased with the results..

I’ve had excellent results with the 108 eld m out of my 6 creed and my 6x47 lapua. Square hit on coyotes are no worse than a 22-250. Ive shot some and there is literally no hole I kinda scratched my head over those. I thought they would be horrible on fur but I have since realized they are the real deal.

Back