ATN X-Sight 4K

Dropadoglv

Was wondering just y’alls thoughts or opinions good or not so good.....on this compared to the Gen II models? Pros/Cons....or any other manufacturers models in the same or similar price. 4K 3X14 retail is $699 and the 4K 5X20 is $799.
Also, if I may ask, what IR are you using? If any?
Thank you,
Regards, Drop

I don't think anyone knows yet because they aren't on the market now, and just previewed at Shot. ATN has been delivering a lot of hype the past several years on their X-Sight and then X-Sight II, and now this 4K Pro model. Unfortunately they don't have much of a track record for producing a really good useable hunting scope. They have a lot of features and gadgets, but have been plagued with issues and CS.

I guess what is most disturbing is that here they are again with a totally new scope and an old name attached. I feel badly for those folks who were "used" for buying and then having ATN abandon the X-Sight. Now it appears they have also abandoned the X-Sight II with yet another promise. Maybe this one will turn out better than the first two, but geez how many times can a company cry wolf?

Interesting take, DoubleUp. But don't a lot of companies continually upgrade there products? Not so sure that means the people who bought them were used or that they have been abandoned. Just seems like the way product development works.

By the way, I don't own an X-Sight but I have been thinking about getting one.

fitz, I think I understand your logic, and yes companies have to upgrade products as technology increases. With that said, the original X-Sight was not ready for market and was just a disaster with owners serving as Beta testers really. ATN never could get it fixed. Those owners were abandoned, and should have been given an opportunity to upgrade at a modest cost.

Hopefully this new scope will work. It seems to have some impressive claims, but so did X-Sight I and X-Sight II. While II was apparently better than I, obviously it wasn't good enough. This is the 3rd iteration in about 3 years.

I really do hope this one is good. We'll all benefit if it is, but just sayin'?

I used an XSight II exclusively on a few hunts earlier this fall to make myself use it. It was OK. The main positive is it really does capture great footage and this wasn't even the 4k version. However, very quirky things would happen while using it and I never have felt 100% confident when I would pull up to shoot a coyote. Harvested 6 coyotes with it and when trying for #7, pulled up to shoot, pulled trigger, and scope froze. No dead coyote, no video, and no follow up shots. With digital scopes, there is always a risk of something goofy happening, but firmware issues, bugs, and reliability has seemed to plague ATN. I still have my Xsight II. If it didn't record such nice videos, I would dump it, but as I said I don't 100% trust it. The one factor of the 4K scope that looks intriguing is just the smaller form factor looking more like a standard scope.

I hear you double up. I guess part of it is I don't know the whole ATN back story. But the thing with new models just seems typical. Glock comes out with the 42 before the 43 when they know everybody really wants the single stack 9, but who knows if they are going to come out with a single stack 9 so everybody buys the 42. Foxpro has the Spitfire, Wildfire, Wildfire II, and Inferno-----all basically the same caller. I buy a Savage MK II so I can have a nice little accurate bolt action 22 that I can suppress and then Savage comes out with their new B series rifles. It's literally like an arms race. Be nice if we could buy things and be happy with them for 25 years. A lot cheaper too! I'm not knocking any of those companies above. Nobody is making me buy all their stuff after all.

All the new stuff is okay I guess, and the sellers have to have buyers for sure. At least it seems you were getting "working" products from those companies.

Competition breeds innovation and while innovation comes at a high cost initially it eventually filters down to far better prices for all. Hopefully that will be the case this time.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpI don't think anyone knows yet because they aren't on the market now, and just previewed at Shot. ATN has been delivering a lot of hype the past several years on their X-Sight and then X-Sight II, and now this 4K Pro model. Unfortunately they don't have much of a track record for producing a really good useable hunting scope. They have a lot of features and gadgets, but have been plagued with issues and CS.

I guess what is most disturbing is that here they are again with a totally new scope and an old name attached. I feel badly for those folks who were "used" for buying and then having ATN abandon the X-Sight. Now it appears they have also abandoned the X-Sight II with yet another promise. Maybe this one will turn out better than the first two, but geez how many times can a company cry wolf?

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpfitz, I think I understand your logic, and yes companies have to upgrade products as technology increases. With that said, the original X-Sight was not ready for market and was just a disaster with owners serving as Beta testers really. ATN never could get it fixed. Those owners were abandoned, and should have been given an opportunity to upgrade at a modest cost.

Hopefully this new scope will work. It seems to have some impressive claims, but so did X-Sight I and X-Sight II. While II was apparently better than I, obviously it wasn't good enough. This is the 3rd iteration in about 3 years.

I really do hope this one is good. We'll all benefit if it is, but just sayin'?

DU hit the nail on the head, there are other options out there, why buy a known headache. It's fine to upgrade and improve but after several failed attempts one has to wonder.

I've never owned and will continue to steer away from ATN cause the -s outweigh the +s from everything I've ever read including all the posts up till now in this thread. Very few come to ATN's defense that I recall over the last few years.

My Photon 6.5 has served me well.

I run a T20 850 IR upgraded from HTRN with Osram 4715AS 850nm LED and rotary dimmer.

I'm going back to my 50mm light a buddy modified with the same LED, the rotary switch on the T20 didn't have the adjustment I was looking for so I'm switching back to a standard 50mm zoom light with a reverse clicky that slightly brighter.

There's lots of threads on this

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...rue#Post3063343

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...9311&page=1

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...rue#Post3078610

Last edited:
Guys take some time to look at the night time sample video they have posted on their own page. Notice the constant blinking...notice the wavy horizontal lines...notice the screen smear when moving the scope or faster moving targets. I am assuming they have this in the low light mode as the blinking has generally only been evident in low light. Before the screen smear was not as bad when you were in the blinking low light mode...this looks like they went backward.

Also don't expect to have 4K recording...it doesn't have it. They are claiming 4K viewing only.

https://www.atncorp.com/x-sight4k-pro-day-night-rifle-scope-5-20x

Back