20 Practical Barrel for an AR

Originally Posted By: D_BellI am looking for 20 Practical Barrel for an AR.

Can you wait a month or two? I know a guy that will have some. The tooling order just went in.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: D_BellI am looking for 20 Practical Barrel for an AR.

Can you wait a month or two? I know a guy that will have some. The tooling order just went in.

Greg . Will these be in stock or a wait period... Dan

Originally Posted By: dan158Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: D_BellI am looking for 20 Practical Barrel for an AR.

Greg . Will these be in stock or a wait period... Dan

Wait time about four weeks because you'll get what you want not what someone has setting on the shelf telling you that's what you need.

Greg

My first AR from Ritch was a 24" 20P and I killed over 40 coyotes with it my first year. It shot so well and I was so confident with it. Everything i pointed it at died.

Originally Posted By: yotehunter243My first AR from Ritch was a 24" 20P and I killed over 40 coyotes with it my first year. It shot so well and I was so confident with it. Everything i pointed it at died.

That they do. That they do.

Greg

A couple from the 20 Prac that Ritch did for me. Did I tell you how much I like the Bergers?

8VZDcwm.jpg

zp3BpNS.jpg

Greg

I wouldn't even consider anything but a 35 Berger in a 20. My hunting partner used a 204 using 40vmax and 32vmax and every single coyote ran. My 35s were all bang flop except 1 gut shot out of over 40 dogs.

Originally Posted By: yotehunter243I wouldn't even consider anything but a 35 Berger in a 20. My hunting partner used a 204 using 40vmax and 32vmax and every single coyote ran. My 35s were all bang flop except 1 gut shot out of over 40 dogs.

Have you tried the 40 Berger? I’m hoping to get the same killing and fur friendliness of the 35 with a little less wind drift. I haven’t had a chance to try the 40s yet myself.

Originally Posted By: Uncle JimboOriginally Posted By: yotehunter243I wouldn't even consider anything but a 35 Berger in a 20. My hunting partner used a 204 using 40vmax and 32vmax and every single coyote ran. My 35s were all bang flop except 1 gut shot out of over 40 dogs.

Have you tried the 40 Berger? I’m hoping to get the same killing and fur friendliness of the 35 with a little less wind drift. I haven’t had a chance to try the 40s yet myself.

No never did, I hunt farmlands so wind isn't really much of a concern. Just want to get to 400 as fast as possible

Originally Posted By: Uncle JimboOriginally Posted By: yotehunter243I wouldn't even consider anything but a 35 Berger in a 20. My hunting partner used a 204 using 40vmax and 32vmax and every single coyote ran. My 35s were all bang flop except 1 gut shot out of over 40 dogs.

The 40s are very similar but seem to get way more exits.

Originally Posted By: BowhuntOriginally Posted By: Uncle JimboOriginally Posted By: yotehunter243I wouldn't even consider anything but a 35 Berger in a 20. My hunting partner used a 204 using 40vmax and 32vmax and every single coyote ran. My 35s were all bang flop except 1 gut shot out of over 40 dogs.

The 40s are very similar but seem to get way more exits.

Thanks for the reply! I hope to have first hand experience with them soon. If I find the exits too much, I’ll go to the 35s.

40 gr vmax have been working great!! 35 gr Bergers work great although a couple years ago I quit using them I lost a handful of coyotes to them not sure what happened never found the coyote. The 40s Bergers worked great as well. I have shot quite a few coyotes with the 204 over the past years. It’s a excellent round for coyotes but you do have limitations. I’ve been using the 40vmax lately. They seem to be more devastating and unload their energy inside the critter better and they shoot accurately out of my ar. I’m kinda done with the Bergers I’ve had some bad experiences with them over the past few years not just the 20 cals but in the 22 and 6mm. They are very expensive as well. Not that they did t shoot well for me but I just was experiencing runners with them on less than perfect shots. Other bullets I have tried have been more forgiving on shotbs like that.

Back