Wildlife technologies e caller

I had a MA-21. It had great sound but I thought the hand transmitter was horrible. It didn't have very good distance, wasn't backlit and there were a couple of times I selected a rabbit sound and coyote howls played.

I ended up selling it and going back to FoxPro

I don't own one but I've hunted over one a bit. They sound REALLY good and do so at all volume levels. But I think their keypad style remote is a joke on a 600 dollar call.

I like the simple remote with out a bunch of bells and whistles.
Range of the remote leaves a lot to be desired.
Its on the big and heavy side but the sound quality is great.

I use the ma-max and really like it. I’ve used the wt calls off an on for years. They have awesome sound and sound clarity. The calls are a little heavy. The remotes are simple with no bells and whistles. I’ve used them enough I can keep the remote and hand in my pocket while using it. I’ve found the remote range to be great but I e never tried it past about 100 yards. The remote will go all season on one set of batteries. The call itself will last at least as long as my cs24c. I’ve never had one issue with any of my wt calls so I couldn’t speak of their customer service... never needed it. All that said, get the one you like and if you don’t like it sell it and try another. You will find things you like and things you don’t about any call on the market.

Crazy loud, really crisp and clear sounds, has button/number remote - no screen to freeze up in the cold. Pretty decent remote range, the unit is not programmable though.

Used a buddies for a season a few years ago,sounds were good and clear at all volume levels. The unit was on the heavy side and remote is not in the same league as a tx1000. It was a nice caller.

My cs24c is more portable and the remote is too die for. I find it has more volume and range as well.

Good analysis/info on this thread.

My old WT KAS2030 MS was one of my most productive callers ever. The LD and the TX 10000 remotes are nice though. Currently using a Chewed up CS 24C and three of the new Lucky Duck E-Callers. Like 'em all!

If WT comes out with some thing a little easier to pak around I will probably have to try one.

I’ve been a customer for 24 years. Best sounds on the market. FoxPro does have the nicest remote though. The remote has never called or killed a coyote for me it’s the sounds and the rifle that do.

Originally Posted By: family guy I’ve been a customer for 24 years. Best sounds on the market. FoxPro does have the nicest remote though. The remote has never called or killed a coyote for me it’s the sounds and the rifle that do.

Sure wouldn't argue with any of that. I have spent many hours sitting stands and listening to WT sounds. They are Very Good! But if you haven't been on some stands listening to the new LD sounds you need to do that.

Both have what I believe is an advantage. They get less play.

I have one of the first models of the MA21 and have found in cold weather, you need to use AAA lithium batteries in the remote to get decent range. Do not use AA lithium batteries in the caller, as they could damage the unit.

Great sounds and volume.

I had a lucky duck caller. Definitely better than the FoxPro sounds but in my opinion not quite up to WT sounds. After 24 years of success I might be a little biased though.
I’m always looking for Something better and have listen to the sounds on nearly every caller on the market.

I have had just about every caller on the market, and I still go back to my WT. it just works for me

I wish they would come out with a smaller caller as far as weight goes, and a better remote

For the ones of you using the MAXX, does your remote not get good range?

I made a stand tonight, and the caller was 60 yards flat on the ground visible sight, and I was having to hold my hand as far up as I could go, to,get it to play or stop, and then it played the wrong sounds sometimes

The few times I went hunting with it, around 50+ yards we did have a some issues with it, playing and stopping that it. Although this was in freezing temperatures, not sure what type batteries were in it though. I know on some of the other callers even tall grass can effect the remote range.

Originally Posted By: JoeyJI have one of the first models of the MA21 and have found in cold weather, you need to use AAA lithium batteries in the remote to get decent range. Do not use AA lithium batteries in the caller, as they could damage the unit.

Great sounds and volume.

I need to correct the statement on Lithium AA batteries. A distributor for Wildlife Tech e caller in Arizona advised not to use the AA Lithium as they put out more power than alkaline batteries and could possibly damage the unit. After contacting Energizer and discussing their Ultimate Lithium 1.5 volt AA battery, they advised those lithium batteries could replace the "normal" AA alkaline battery in most electronics - follow the manufacturers instructions was the disclaimer. I then called Wildlife tech and was advised the lithium 1.5 volt AA would not damage their unit, so I changed over to the Lithium AA Ultimate Energizer and so far, so good - didn't see any coyotes yesterday but the caller was working great!!

I have never had trouble with the distance of the remote. I have also never had trouble with it in cold weather either. I keep rechargeable NIMH batteries in mine. I believe that quality of sound is really the number one thing you have to have to be successful in calling predators...that is what fools them. The WT calls definitely have the sound nailed down. I can only describe the remote as a big disappointment though. It is not back lit which really kills it for night hunting. Not only does it not have a lanyard {which absolutely blows me away} but you have to "modify" the remote to attach one. The remote has a feature in which you can program in your favorite couple of calls {five or so?? I don't really use it} so when you push certain buttons it plays them. If you don't turn on this feature you get the programmed sounds if you hit the buttons so it might play a sound you don't want. This is kind of confusing as you have to remember the numbers {buttons} of the sounds you do want to use. A lot to remember. I never thought that the caller was too big or too heavy, it is not. Bottom line, you cannot beat the sounds and you will see and kill a lot of predators because of the quality of sounds they use, but for $600.00 plus that pi$$ poor remote really kills it. I believe they could do a little redesign work on the remote and dominate the caller industry and have been told this way too many times....I guess they just don't want to.

Originally Posted By: msinc I believe that quality of sound is really the number one thing you have to have to be successful in calling predators...that is what fools them.

that is debatable. millions of predators have died when they came running to a cassette tape player that had really crappy sound quality.

believe there is many things that come before the quality of sound.

to the original topic, the wt remote i once had was not very reliable at much over 40 yards.

Back