AR Trigger

Good morning.

Who makes a good affordable drop in trigger to replace my 20 pound monster? Anything has to be better than this stock one.

PS: You all are great. I can't always find the answer I'm looking for in the sea of old posts and you always come through...thanks again.

Just got home from hunting. My buddy chambered a round in his 6.8 with the safety off on his AR Gold trigger and it sent a bullet straight through the floor boards.

Could have been a slam fire but it was Hornady American Gunner ammo, you would think they had designed that stuff specifically for ARs and prevent slam fires.

The right side of the action was leaning against the car seat so the case jammed and in the hoopla the case was left on the ground next to the truck, we will go back to find it in the light. I've never witnessed a slam fire, would the primer have a light strike?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Patriot-Ordnance-00457-Red-Single-Stage-Drop-In-Trigger-4-5lb-Pull-Weight-5-56mm/382262138961?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I threw one of these in my 6x45 feels really good but I havn't kilt any fur with it yet. Install was really easy and unit felt solid. My second choice was Triggertech but was impulsive with the PO purchase.

For a 2 stage I like the Larue MBT for $99 on sale.
For a single stage I really lIke the Hiperfire 24 3G for $149 right now at Joeboboutfitters

I have a standard polished trigger from PSA. I don't know what the pull was but it was heavy enough it felt like I needed to use tow straps and my truck to fire it. Being cheap, I decided to try the $14 JP spring kit off eBay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=JP+Spring+Kit&_sacat=0

I went to the range a couple days ago to try it out and it made a world of difference. Still a touch heavy but not bad. I'd love a drop in, but for now I'll keep my money.

i run a timney in a couple lowers, but i bought them used for around $150 each a few years back.

those velocity triggers sure do look nice, and i would strongly consider one as a budget drop in single stage

Back