SHOT Show Day 3 Report from Doug at Camera Land

gr8fuldoug

101418_1016536_272187.gif

logo.jpg

SHOT Show Day 3 Report

I like to try not to make any meetings for the last day (well my last day as I can only be here for 3 days) however, I was so busy the last two days that I still had a few important appointments.

I started my day at   Zeiss 
Always great seeing my friend Tom and catching up. We discussed all types of things, including the new releases:
  Conquest V4 Riflescopes:  Conquest V4 Riflescopes  
Key Features: 
30mm Main Tube 
Matte Black
Second Focal Plane
Capped Windage Turret 
T* Six Layer Transmission Coating
LotuTec Hydrophobic Coating
CONQUEST V4 1-4x24 ZQAR Illum. Reticle (#62) - Ext. Elevation Turret, Locking, Single Turn - Ballistic Stop - .5 MOA - Fixed Parallax 
CONQUEST V4 3-12x56 Z-Plex Reticle (#20) - Capped Elevation Turret - .25 MOA - Fixed Parallax
CONQUEST V4 3-12x56 Plex Illum. Reticle (#60) - Capped Elevation Turret - .25 MOA - Fixed Parallax 
CONQUEST V4 4-16x44 Z-Plex Reticle (#20) - Ext. Elevation Turret - Ballistic Stop - .25 MOA - Parallax Adj. 
CONQUEST V4 4-16x44 ZBR-2 Reticle (#92) - Ext. Elevation Turret - Ballistic Stop - .25 MOA - Parallax Adj. 
CONQUEST V4 4-16x44 ZMOA-2 Reticle (#94) - Ext. Elevation Turret - Ballistic Stop - .25 MOA - Parallax Adj. 
CONQUEST V4 6-24x50 ZBR-1 Reticle (#91) - Ext. Elevation Turret - Ballistic Stop - .25 MOA - Parallax Adj. 
CONQUEST V4 6-24x50 ZMOA-1 Reticle (#93) - Ext. Elevation Turret - Ballistic Stop - .25 MOA - Parallax Adj. 
CONQUEST V4 6-24x50 ZMOA-1 Illum. Reticle (#93) - Ext. Elevation Turret - Ballistic Stop - .25 MOA - Parallax Adj.

Laser Rangefinder Binocular
VICTORY RF Rangefinding Binoculars 
Key Features:
2500 Yards
Bluetooth® enabled 
Angle Compensation 
Adjustable Red LED Display 
Compact Design 
VICTORY RF 8x42 
VICTORY RF 10x42 
VICTORY RF 8x54 
VICTORY RF 10x54
Absolutely the most technologically advanced rangefinder binocular available.

VICTORY HARPIA Spotting Scopes 
Key Features: 
3x Wide-Angle Objective Zoom 
FOV: Constant 72° 
Dual-Speed Focus 
FL/HT Glass 
VICTORY HARPIA 85mm (Main Body w/o Vario Eyepiece) 
VICTORY HARPIA 95mm (Main Body w/o Vario Eyepiece) 
VICTORY VARIO Eyepiece (22-65x w/85mm Obj.; 23-70x w/95mm Obj.)

We also discussed getting our hands on some show samples and such of various product and should have a list next week (No, there will be no samples of the just announced products)

Next was Meopta which I have hinted would be a great meeting, and it certainly was. I was looking forward to this visit as they brought on a new head of Sports Optics at the end of 2017.. I know how he works and how will be on a quest to make Meopta the major optics company that they deserve to be. For years it was "Oh, I know Meopta, they made the Zeiss Conquest for Zeiss and don't they make all kinds of great optics for Cabelas too"?
Well with Randy at the helm it will be more of a "[beeep] yeah, I own Meopta Binoculars, a few of their riflescopes and a spotter and couldn't be happier"
Well to say I was not disappointed with my meeting would be a total understatement. Meopta is going after the binocular business with gusto. 
There's no question, after being here at SHOT, that the #1 suggestion in binoculars is a Meopta Meopro or Meostar. Reason being is not that they have changed these great offerings for 2018 as far as their great European Optics, but they are stealing your business away from all the other manufacturers offering binoculars made in the Pacific Rim with the insanely lowered prices they are offering.
They have reduced the Meopro 8x42 HD from $749.99 to only $479.95 and the Meopro 10x42 HD from $799.99 to $499.95.
Can you say "Give me an amazing Euro glass for the same price the other guys are asking for their made in China binoculars"?
It gets better
smile.gif

They are offering their high end Meostar Binoculars also at reduced prices and less than the competitions Pacific Rim offerings:
Meostar 10x42 HD for only $999.95 
Meostar 15x56 HD for only $1499.99 
Meopta is well on their way to being in many more folks hands for sure.

I then asked for something I could put into today's post as a super offer and was given:
#467820 MeoStar 3-10x50 Z-PLEX II in Silver
or
#469480 MeoStar 3-10x50 #4 in Silver
Reduced to only $399.99, while supply lasts Please call, 516-217-1000 to place an order.

I stopped by   Carson  to order some more   HOOKUPZ™ 2.0 Digiscoping adapters.
The HookUpz 2.0 Universal Adapter from Carson Optics to attach your smartphone to your binocular, spotting scope, telescope, or microscope and record still images or videos.
The HookUpz 2.0 securely attaches any phone up to 3.75" wide to any 25mm to 58mm optical eyepiece using a powerful, patented dual-spring clamp. A generous-sized knob operates the screw mechanism that smoothly and precisely aligns the phone's camera with the eyepiece. A locking cam further secures the phone in place. The screw mechanism also makes it easy to switch between camera-in-the-corner iPhones and center-camera Android phones, and the HookUpz 2.0 is compatible with the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, etc. Only $59.99

After this I went and met with Nikon to try and see if we, as a Nikon photo dealer, could also become an official Nikon Sports Optics dealer. Once again, I was informed that Nikon has not changed their policy and as a photo dealer we are not permitted to be a hunting dealer. Long story.
We can special order any Nikon riflescopes, binoculars, etc for you so if you are interested please call to discuss it. 

OH, I couldn't find the links yesterday for new Steiner items so here they are:
  TOR FUSION LIGHT/LASER COMBO FROM STEINER 
   STEINER TOR MINI/MICRO PISTOL-AIMING Lasers
  TOR TORCH™ RAIL-MOUNTED Light 

Lastly I walked the floor looking around, saying goodbye to folks I speak with all year and only see here at SHOT.

Being this was my last meeting you know by now where I went. Today was birthday cake flavor. Very refreshing.  

If I can answer anything for you, as always, it will be my pleasure. For those of you who took the time to read all of my reports please mention this to me when you place your next order and I'll add a bonus into your shipment. Nice to know that you're taking the time to read the whole thing when I take the time to write it, lol.

As always, thank you for all the support we receive. We are nothing without you, and we know that.
Have a great day

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
516-217-1000

Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com 

Originally Posted By: MatlockAre the price reductions on the Meopro 8x42 and 10x42 HD binoculars temporary or permanent?
These are their new reduced prices. It is not a limited time offer, however, permanent is forever
smile.gif
and I am sure they will slowly increase over time.
IMO, They have secured a good portion of the binocular market with this price reduction which will put a great deal of their optics into folks hands and therefore make their "brand awareness" strong which will broaden their market share of not only binoculars but their riflescopes and spotting scopes.

Back