Good prices on Leupolds

McGraw

Cabelas has been having some good sales on VX-1 and VX-2 lately. They’ve been popping up and changing nearly every day. Today they have the VX-1 2x7 for 133.88$, that’s the cheapest I’ve ever seen it.

Well, after reading Doug’s at Cameralands shot show report and re-reading a e-mail Leupold had sent me. Leupold is now replacing the VX1 and VX2 with the one line of VX-Freedom scopes. Specs look like they will be the same sizes as the old ones with just a duplex and a MOA type reticle. Doesn’t mention which gas they are sealing it with, I hope their not just trying to produce one scope at a cheaper production cost and make the consumer jump up to the higher priced Vx3i if they want something better.

Last edited:
Just picked upped a 3.5-10 VX3i on a limited sale from a reputable shop on eBay for $216 shipped...there are deals out there right now.

Originally Posted By: McGrawCabelas has been having some good sales on VX-1 and VX-2 lately. They’ve been popping up and changing nearly every day. Today they have the VX-1 2x7 for 133.88$, that’s the cheapest I’ve ever seen it.
That price again this AM.

Apparently the VX-2 line has been discontinued. Looks like the new replacement line is the VX-Freedom. Anybody used the new Freedom line?

Originally Posted By: liliysdadJust picked upped a 3.5-10 VX3i on a limited sale from a reputable shop on eBay for $216 shipped...there are deals out there right now.

I checked Ebay just now and found the same scope for $199, but from Singapore. All other scopes of the same are priced over $400. Makes me wonder if these cheaper ones are Chinese clones. Not saying your scope isn't the real deal, but it sounds like too good of a deal. Will be a great price though if the scope is genuine Leupold.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06Originally Posted By: liliysdadJust picked upped a 3.5-10 VX3i on a limited sale from a reputable shop on eBay for $216 shipped...there are deals out there right now.

I checked Ebay just now and found the same scope for $199, but from Singapore. All other scopes of the same are priced over $400. Makes me wonder if these cheaper ones are Chinese clones. Not saying your scope isn't the real deal, but it sounds like too good of a deal. Will be a great price though if the scope is genuine Leupold.

Oh no, not Chinese clones....the wheels might come off again.

I found a VX3i listed on there for $289.99 for the 170680 model (3.5-10x40 Duplex), says ships from Florida.

I had just picked up a couple of VX-2s and was browsing the Leupold site and noticed they are discontinued now. I got a 3-9x40 duplex for $195 and a 4-12x40 duplex for $235.

Originally Posted By: AdamTApparently the VX-2 line has been discontinued. Looks like the new replacement line is the VX-Freedom. Anybody used the new Freedom line?
Haven’t seen the Freedom line in person yet, pics are up on MidwayUSA site.There not to pretty to me, a little tacticool looking. Looks more like there made like the VX1 line, and just did away with the better VX2 scopes. Pics of turrets adjustments sure looked cheap. I picked up a couple of those sale 2x7 fromCabelas, they are the current ones with the AD year code.I don’t know if anyone is like me, but I only like to buy my scopes through the big name distributors. There always shipped with the shrink wrap on them, and nobody has had time to mess with them.

Originally Posted By: McGrawOriginally Posted By: AdamTApparently the VX-2 line has been discontinued. Looks like the new replacement line is the VX-Freedom. Anybody used the new Freedom line?
Haven’t seen the Freedom line in person yet, pics are up on MidwayUSA site.There not to pretty to me, a little tacticool looking. Looks more like there made like the VX1 line, and just did away with the better VX2 scopes. Pics of turrets adjustments sure looked cheap. I picked up a couple of those sale 2x7 fromCabelas, they are the current ones with the AD year code.I don’t know if anyone is like me, but I only like to buy my scopes through the big name distributors. There always shipped with the shrink wrap on them, and nobody has had time to mess with them.

Those were basically my thoughts as well. A little too tacticool looking and I was not a fan of the adjustment knob design. I may just stick to the VX-3i once all the 2s get gone.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadJust picked upped a 3.5-10 VX3i on a limited sale from a reputable shop on eBay for $216 shipped...there are deals out there right now.

never seen them that low. was it a chinese knockoff?

Not Chinese, shipped from an American company, in Kentucky I believe. The price was 260ish, and eBay was running a limited 20% off sale. Have the scope, and is absolutely genuine.

Originally Posted By: McGrawCabelas has been having some good sales on VX-1 and VX-2 lately. They’ve been popping up and changing nearly every day. Today they have the VX-1 2x7 for 133.88$, that’s the cheapest I’ve ever seen it.
The 2x7 in vx1 and vx2 are their right now if someone needs one. Just bringing it up again because these are going to be closed out for good. They usually sell out fast.

ordered a vx-1 2-7 long range scope for my CZ 512 22 mag. the other day, showed up on Thursday mounted that night, headed to the range next day with three kinds of ammo and plenty of targets to get it sighted in, looked clear enough, power ring turned easy, really liked the finger adjustable dials, put up four targets at 50 yds aimed at center fired one shot and hit almost where I was aiming? hey this is going to be easy couple clicks up couple to right should be good? when I un screwed the left/right cap whole dial came out! Leupold said not to worry we will fix or replace but said it would be quicker to send back to midway new one will be here Tuesday. I have almost all leupolds V-2s and V-3s some over 25 years and have had no problems. Hope leupold is not starting down the path Remington took, I grew up a Remington fan but out of the last 30 new guns I have purchased not one Remington!

Originally Posted By: deathraywhen I un screwed the left/right cap whole dial came out!

When I was mounting 5-10 scopes a day that happened occasionally across all brands. The turret cap was on so tight the whole turret came out with it.

I have bought a few used Leupolds on ebay and always have had good luck.
I look for XIII's. If I think something is wrong Leupold will fix it.
I bought a new Zeiss 2 years ago, conquest 4,5x14 44mm. 600 reticle.
Got one of the last ones, old stock.

Back