Crow sounds

OLE RASPY

Anybody crow hunt. I have 1 time with my foxpro spitfire and had some luck but it’s been a couple years. What’s some good crow sounds I can download to my caller. Thanks.

The two best I have ever used is the Johnny Stewart Crow & Owl Fight, and the Young & Nesting Crows that was put out by Witeman Electronics. That last sound is very difficult to find and may only be available on 45 record, if you can find it at all. The Johnny Stewart remains my go-to sound.

The FoxPro sounds are good but if you can find the JS to download, then by all means get that one.

I have a handful of the Foxpro sounds as well as a few others that I have found but haven't tried them yet. But I have taken two crows this season while calling raccoons. In both cases I didn't have any raccoons respond but had about six crows sitting in trees near by after coming in to investigate the sounds.

I use the ruger ihunt crow / hawk fight along with crow fight on another call, a flextone and also use a hand call all at the same time. Makes an awful racket but the crows love it. Some decoys always help too. If noting else use the dead crows from your first sets as decoys.

I have tried many but FoxPro “Dying Crow” drives them nuts! I have turned it on and had them come in when I don’t even think there is any around. I put a few Crow decoys around, with one on the ground and put a stuffed animal on it. Seems to keep their attention.

Crow owl fight if you are in a timber area, dying crow if you are out in the open, old crow if you are trying to locate them.

Go to a garden store and pick up an owl decoy used to keep pests out of gardens, put that on a stump or old fence post and play crow owl fight. They'll be dive bombing it in seconds.

I have FoxPro sounds on my Fury and Shockwave. I also have Bob Aronsom (Sp?) sounds. On most of my crow shoots I start off with Dennis Kirk's "Sentinel Crow" which is just a "Caw, caw, caw" sound. FoxPro has this type of sound. If I want to fire them up I play "Crow Come Here" by Johnny Stewart which really gets them excited.
IMO if you fire them up too much or use an owl decoy you'll get a flock to come in, you'll shoot a couple of times, and then have to move on because you burned out that spot. I don't have enough spots to run and gun so I camo up good, use a blind, pass up shooting at bigger flocks, and stick it out in one spot for half a day picking away at singles and small bunches. It can be a lot of fun and a lot of shooting.

I have gotten pretty good results with the crow fight and crow hawk fight on my foxpro. The whole murder of them come right over. After shooting and hopefully hitting at one of them I switch to crow distress. It pulls them right back in with even more intensity. Crows are extremely smart and can be educated quickly. Around my house the crows just don't respond to the fight and distress sounds.

Back