Looks like I "get" to try Pulsar's/Sellmarks warranty ***UPDATE***

Pulsar/Sellmark sent me a new replacement unit. I could not be happier! They sent a Quantum Lite XQ30V, which absolutely blows away my previous HD19s. The one thing that immediately jumped out at me with the XQ30V is the 50hz frame rate....sooo much smoother than 30hz frame rate. The extra magnification and color palettes are an added bonus as well, I will definitely be using their version of the outdoor alert palette over the standard white hot I normally run. My next thermal purchase will definitely be Pulsar/Sellmark regardless of what Flir comes out with. Peace of mind knowing that they will take care of you with no hassle customer service, even when you are days away from your warranty expiring, is a big plus when you are plopping down your hard earned monies. Hooray for Pulsar/Sellmark!

Originally Posted By: cmlPulsar/Sellmark sent me a new replacement unit. I could not be happier! They sent a Quantum Lite XQ30V, which absolutely blows away my previous HD19s.

That's great news. Good customer service says a lot about a company. In this case Pulsar has once again maintained their good reputation.

Glad to hear you like the XQ30V. Besides all the pallets, how is the clarity / focus of it vs. the 19? The 23V seems to be lacking in clarity compared to the HD19A.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06Originally Posted By: cmlPulsar/Sellmark sent me a new replacement unit. I could not be happier! They sent a Quantum Lite XQ30V, which absolutely blows away my previous HD19s.

That's great news. Good customer service says a lot about a company. In this case Pulsar has once again maintained their good reputation.

Glad to hear you like the XQ30V. Besides all the pallets, how is the clarity / focus of it vs. the 19? The 23V seems to be lacking in clarity compared to the HD19A.

Good question! I only had a quick minute to check it out this morning. I did notice the clarity/focus was not as crisp, but I figured it was the higher zoom of this unit and being in a room where everything was fairly close to me. I am going to play around with it tonight and see if its any better at longer range. Current weather conditions are wet and humid, far from the best conditions for clarity to begin with, so we shall see. The extra magnifcation is one aspect I may not like after thinking about it today. I use this as a scondary scan tool and to track/find downed game. The HD19s was 1.1x so it was fairly easy to walk around while looking through the scanner. One things for sure, with 2.5x I will not be doing any navigation like I did with the 19. One night of hunting will be the real test though....who knows...I might actually prefer more magnifcation.

Got out with it last night. I would say my old hd19 had a sharper image...the new one has what I would call a "softer" image. The focus on my XQ30V does not seem to do a whole lot from one extreme to the other, you really have to look close to notice that it is actually doing something/anything. Im not sure if this is a defective focus mechanism or just normal for this unit. I do like having the additional magnification now that I had a chance to use it out in the field one night. I was able to id deer and rabbits further out which was nice. So far I am pleased with it. Headed out tonight for more "testing" lol
smile.gif

Back