DIY camo dip

YoteFoxBobcat

Hi, was wondering if anyone has any experience camo dipping rifles themselves? I bought a few guns over the fall and would like to turn 2 of them into camo myself. I looked up dip kits on amazon, some as much as $65 and others as low as $8, why the big difference in price? I've also looked at a few you tube videos, but would like to here some of your experiences doing this. Thanks.

I dipped my AR-15, handguard, optic mount, stock, and suppressor. It was a major pain in the a$$, didn't turn out too well, hasn't held up too well, and was a major pain in the a$$.

1787.jpg

I'm going to keep it as is for a season or two, or until I win another contest. Then it will be off to be cerakoted.

I've had a couple dipped but never did it myself. I have painted a few using Krylon and sponges and they turned out really good. I was going to have my Tikka dipped but think I'll just give it a DIY paint job instead. Seems like if your not set up to do the dipping it could be a lot of trouble. I have a friend that son does it but he's so lazy you can never get him to do anything. He has all the tanks and even went to a few class's to learn how to do it. All his stuff just sets there collecting dust.

Back