Done with Hornady superformance

Forest Ghost

3rd box, another dud. That makes 5. I’m up to 500-600 rounds through this rifle of everything from the cheapest of the cheap to Nosler match. No other duds even with bulk 5.56 stuff.

Also, shooting over a chrono the velocity was pretty consistent but every few rounds one would launch out like a rocket. I’m gonna finish the box and record all the FPS on camera to send to Hornady because after I sent photos of the duds they never responded again. Might just find a new manufacturer to use and try reloading some of my own. Black hills has been the best but I have to order online and I got some HSM now to try too which keeps stocked at sportsman’s warehouse.

Anyone else ever have this happen? All boxes are the same lot so I thought they’d wanna know that... more than a little upset

im just shocked that an email wouldnt have gotten you anywhere. i get ahold of tech@hornady.com on a regular basis and have yet to not get a response.

I've shot hundreds of these through my AR in 53gr .223 and never had one fail to fire. Maybe it's a bad run. I've never shot any over a chrono.

Originally Posted By: yotesniper13I've shot hundreds of these through my AR in 53gr .223 and never had one fail to fire. Maybe it's a bad run. I've never shot any over a chrono.

Me too. Definitely need to get in touch with someone at Hornady so they can figure this out and make it right.

just dawned on me... it IS shot show week... so theres probably only a skeleton crew at the home office.

might want to hold off a week.

A buddy of mine used to work for Eastman's Hunting. Hornady is one of their sponsors and sent them superformance in 6.5 cm. They were getting bullets hitting the target in three pieces at 50 yards. They pulled the bullets and slowed them down a bit and they did a bit better. Not very impressive to me.

After buying a case of the Hornady superformance 75 grain vmax for my 243 tobuse during the last 3 contests, I finally sent them through a chrono. They are advertised at 3580 FPS and I was sure they weren’t going that fast but when I saw the chronicle results, I was a little shocked to see the average at 3290 5 shot group. I went and grabbed a buddies chronograph and tried again.... right at 3300. An almost 300 FPS difference is absolutely absurd to me. I feel like I wasted my money and won’t be buying any more of them.

Back