Hard to Explain

Wile E Coyotie

Ya – I am still trying – Have been gone off the grid for awhile – arriving back here to find the local population in good shape – bulging-
I am trying to keep some kind of order to this – but – missed a few pics of nasty scrub dark sable bush yoties from deer season --sniping them with the .22cal from the blind—

I must say happy new yrs to all the fine folks here at PM- I haven’t been on here to report since Aug – so- best to all-

Picking away on the population here - - we had extreme fire risk all summer right up till the first snow fall then major FREEEEEZE- omg – minus 42F on my machine – tough conditions - -
stubble is full of snow and now melt thaw freeze melt freeze – has most side roads shut down lock down with bullet proof snow drifts – shovel is mandatory--
A week back – I had spent the day– in plus temps – no wind and found myself getting busted - -coyotes were everywhere on the horizon - - I counted 26 – but didn’t fire a shot- all day – they wanted nothing to do with me --
--Love is in the Air-

The next day nasty cold breeze – so I headed into a ranch I know of and took 3 – here

#1049 - #1051- big aggressive males – all full buffed western white- -belly deep in the snow full hard chargers-

People say whats a good day –
as to how many coyotes do u consider a good day-- and in some attempt to try to measure u as to your abilities –
-my short answer- is any- day u can get out and enjoy the countryside before u – with a gun in your hand-– I consider good- any coyote activity I consider as bonus
I have many days – my beautiful wife will attest to this the truth - that I come home with zero count for the day–defeated skunked- MT depleted - -hopefully I have learned something –
She always asked me - So how many today?—
So--last Thursday I got to inform her that 6 had fallen today
6 is a big day –for me – I fired 14 rnds – I missed bad on the 2 nds set – blowing one by a big boy standing profile 130yrds ?? [beeep]?–
and yes on 3 setups- I had more than 1 coming at once – late in the day I had 5 come –in a line – taking 2 of the largest at point blank chest on
#1052- #1058

I should have gotten 10 no excuse – but was smiling with 6--- I left one in the field as it was scabby mange critter

Oh ya then there is this ??_200 miles from anything -Hard to Explain

1689.gif

This post is nominated for Hunter of the Month. Sorry, the nifty little .gif isn't rotating, so all you see is "Nominated" for now.

That's a good pile of them. And you're sure right about just getting out to enjoy the outdoors, plus getting out of the house into the field with a gun, even though in most cases, I come home empty handed. It sure is relaxing.

Thanks for sharing your hunts. Turned up the thermostat a couple of degrees after enjoying your pics, though, and it's in the 70's F here today
lol.gif
!

That is a beautiful black wolf.....details??
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

Welcome back Wile E, glad to see you are still knocking them down, we have missed your great pictures and story that go with them. Hope you get alot more. And tell us about the black wolf please.

It was great to see your post today. I always enjoyed reading them before. Awesome pic of the wolf! Yes, I’d like to hear more about it too.

Your old rifle used to remind me of SRV’s guitar. You could tell that thing had some hours on it. Do you still have it?

Thank you to all-
it is good to back here -

not much to say about the Wolf - without giving a sales pitch - so I won't go there -
except that it is far removed from any humans - on the coast of Hudson Bay
and with plenty of moose around the wolf packs in the area have surged - now seeing 26 in one line --- thats a lot of moose steaks every week-

having one walk up to u --looking you over is a freaky thing - and yes at this location there is 12Ga backup-
but with a bunch of bunny huggers in tow -infact there are 12bunny huggers in a line behind the camera--

- most of them cannot comprehend how fast he would strip your bones and in fact he just checking it out figuring out -- how is it -u smell so tasty -- so is this how man domesticated wolf- to become dog ?? - something primitive about the whole thing -
never become complacent-

-- here is the top of the food chain -Apex predator- -having one stare through u with yellow eyes - changes u--- you want reach out with your hand and touch -- but they have especially big teeth for a reason -!!

yes there is 2 more in the top of the frame - but many more all around in the brush
-- - here is video link-u tube -- i would not want to face these guys with just a sharp stick the big Tawny out front goes about 175 lbs

WOW! Thanks for the rest of the story and link!

ETA: Very observant, crapshoot, I was so busy admiring the big black one I never spotted his backup until you mentioned it.

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Looks like a great place to set up a large caliber belt feed mg of some sort. How come No one is busting caps at that gang.

Wile, you are 100% correct when you say those eyes completely look through you. I have been up close and personal with wolves in an enclosure and it was a little unnerving to say the least.

Back