One and done before the storm

204 AR

A lonely howl answered in kind,
Then another with some barks and whines.

Challenging off yonder my quarry I saw,
With a fight sound it wandered in with a hymn and a haw.

Finally with a lip squeak I got it to commit,
With heart pounding and shaky hands my inner voice whispered "send it".

The 87 gr vmax smoked her like a lightning bolt,
Her final pose suggests I love my Revolt!

qNf8gZKl.jpg

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,
This yote didn’t even know.

Coming from the sound was no mate,
Rather it met an act of fate.

With perfect aim right to the ticker,
One is sent faster than you can say Slicker.

She drops sort of like a bad habit,
204 AR ain’t no silly rabbit!!

This part of the world has been snow, thaw, rain, freeze....start over. Just about need to be nuts to venture far into the boonies, heck, even some of the open country is about impossible to walk across with out your skates and hockey sticks. Pretty much the hunt is over. Spending time now in the lab preparing for spring USPSA and multigun. We didn't have many days of workable weather. Chores and grand kiddo duty occupied those days off the hunt. Keep em coming, enjoy the pics and stories gents
smile.gif

Good one all the way around 204...I'll be Revolt.ing as soon as they become available again...looks like you have made some modifications...in these wide open spaces I'm looking to put more distance between myself and the call.

Thanks guys. The call is a good one. The last couple weeks they've really seemed to respond to the howls, even if they didn't come in. It's pretty realistic. This stand it was out of sight maybe 80 yds away and it would say it lost connection momentarily but always reconnected when I switched sounds or paused. I set up down wind of it and this female came straight at me, looking at the call all the way, never had a clue I was there and I was sitting in the bare open. The tripod is just a home made thing I made several years ago to hold my JS speaker. Just 1/4" bolts welded together and lathe legs. Sturdy enough, high enough and cost nothing.

Originally Posted By: 204 AR
thumbup.gif
Haha well done sir! Thanks guys!

Yours was great!

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Uhhhh ohhh, we got some poets in the house;)

Well done

thumbup.gif

Back