Nitride or Nickle Boron????

I have both. NiB is prettier and costs more. I can't tell much difference between the two other than that.

Originally Posted By: lone gunmannitride for me, I have seen NiB flake off and I don't care about bling I just want my stuff to work.

Any plating done poorly can flake. One thing I've seen is not to use copper removing solvent on them. That's one thing that I've always adhered to on my nickel revolver.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: lone gunmannitride for me, I have seen NiB flake off and I don't care about bling I just want my stuff to work.

Any plating done poorly can flake. One thing I've seen is not to use copper removing solvent on them. That's one thing that I've always adhered to on my nickel revolver.

Greg

I agree with Greg. Done poorly, it can get nasty and gall up. Done well, it resists wear and is very easy to keep clean. But it is buyer beware. I have seen so called "high end" BCG's gall just as bad as cheap ones. It can be real hit or miss. I have been running a nitrided BCG from Rubber City Armory in my suppressed .308 and love it. Very little wear, easy to clean. I would recommend them.

Back