Hornady LnL Auto Charge

AWS

Retired PM Staff
Any insight into this unit would be appreciated. Natchez has them on sale for $159. The price is getting down to a reasonable level.

I do load in an unheated garage on PNW coast humidity and in the 40's in the winter.

I have had one for a couple years and have no issues with mine. I live in NW Oregon and load in my shop with the wood stove going if it’s too cold but it works fine in all temps. I’ve checked it with a beam scale on several occasions and different temperatures and it’s always right on.

the one i got was a lemon. It wouldnt throw charges consistently for anything without being on the lowest speed setting, and the LCD started failing after just a few uses. I could weigh charges faster on my beam scale.

i returned it and upgraded to a similar product made with green plastic. Chargemaster for the win. If you catch the sale and apply the rebate, they can be had for $200 or a even a few bucks under.

I am currently on my 3rd one. The first one developed problems with overthrows, even after adjusting the units speed parameters. The second one had a display failure within 2 months. Hornady replaced the these units under warranty without question.

I have been using the 3rd one for almost 2 years now, and it is starting to overthrow just like my first one. I use it to drop low, then trickle up on my balance scale.

My next unit will be green.

Had mine for about 6 years, works fine after fine tuning it. some have said they run it on the slowest setting to get it to work, I set mine to go into trickle mode a couple grns before the total charge weight I'm after and it seems to work .
I still get a few over charges every so often ,but mostly on longer stick powders

Last edited:
Back