Ritch"s new 6X6.8 barrel shooting well

MasterBlaster

This is at 200yds with 58gr VMax 2nds 3 had Remington primers and two had CCI 450s. 3X9 Swarovski scope.
image1.jpg

MB

H335, bushing dies ,haven't opened my new ones yet. I am getting my brass straighten out for the new barrel the two BlackHole barrels were messed up and the chambers were .015 shorter than the new one so I'm seating the bullets to touch the land to blow the shoulder back out.
MB

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MasterBlasterH335, bushing dies ,haven't opened my new ones yet. I am getting my brass straighten out for the new barrel the two BlackHole barrels were messed up and the chambers were .015 shorter than the new one so I'm seating the bullets to touch the land to blow the shoulder back out.
MB

I shot several sub .5 groups yesterday with 32.8gr of 335 and 60gr Sierra HP. I didn't chrono it but pretty sure I was about maxed out

I was averaged in the high .4s with 1 groups .68. I lost 1 primer so when I got home I tumbled, resized and reprimed the spent cases and the primer pockets were pretty loose. I had enough resistance seating them that I could of reloaded them but tossed them anyways. This was virgin Starline brass thru a 6dti. I had zero pressure signs on the other brass, primers were round and no extractor marks. So thinking maybe the brass?!??

The Starline has a lower case captivity and a fellow needs to adjust accordingly. I just had one of Ritchs'customers send me 50 cases and I will be evaluating them with some same same loads in the next few week. I suspect what was the old MAX may well have to go down 0.5-1.0 grains. I have a quantity of Federal once fired and new and a bunch of the OLD SSA stuff but I want to see what makes this new stuff tick.

Greg

I knew it was going to be less capacity but was hoping consistency would be greater. Cavity back bullets has S&B primed brass but didn't see it until after my Starline came in. I'll be ordering some in the next week id say. I sent Ritch 10 or so of my Starline as well

Ritch just reassured some STAR brass. 35.2-35.9 about 0.4-0.6 less than same same Silvwr State (OLD) in the SAME CHAMBER.

Greg

A piece fired with a suppressor in his 6X6.8 that was not hot:

mIuOcHK.jpg

I'm definitely less than impressed with it. These were my first 30 pieces to shoot. They were annealed and sized with my bushing die. I'll see how many loads I can get out of these 30 before they are trashed

Back