Anybody do any good this weekend?

Hit a 45,000 acre ranch in Arizona the past few days.
We killed 7 Coyotes in the flatland and the plane took out another 34 on the ranch we hunted.

They also had a ground crew locating them, then the plane would fly the area with a 10 Gauge semi auto out the window.

7 was pretty good considering...........

My oldest brother and I filled our Archery Javelina tags on our first day out as well;-)

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisHit a 45,000 acre ranch in Arizona the past few days.
We killed 7 Coyotes in the flatland and the plane took out another 34 on the ranch we hunted.

They also had a ground crew locating them, then the plane would fly the area with a 10 Gauge semi auto out the window.

7 was pretty good considering...........

My oldest brother and I filled our Archery Javelina tags on our first day out as

You've been a very busy boy.

No. I spent a couple of days helping my FIL and wife make suasage and bacon. The end of deer season starts their annual ritual. Made close to 300 pounds so far. They will pick up coolers with 5 deer and 2 axis does after church on Sunday and make some more for friends.

Anyway, work was done and a small rain shower moved through. I grabbed my call and PTG ar and headed out. At my first stand I got set up and everything looked real good. About 10 minutes in I see the grass move and a bit of fur. I lower my cheek to the stock and put my finger on the trigger. My rifle is always up on the sticks with the safety off, I hate that metallic click of an ar safety. Then my pray hunkered down in the grass and disappeared. I couldnt believe that I was busted. I sat there for a second wondering what I did wrong. Ghen I heard the atvs in the distance. Sometimes you strike out when you did it right. That bunch had my number as they screwed up 2 more stands for me before I quit and went home.

Last edited:
Got my first one of the year last night while pig hunting. CZ and Wormy are you guys doing the HuntersLink.com tournament this coming weekend?

Sounds like a productive couple of days......up to the stinkin' ATV part. Glad you're getting a little time off and getting out a bit, though.

Quote:My rifle is always up on the sticks with the safety off, I hate that metallic click of an ar safety.

I have very short fingers and, with rifle on sticks, I cannot quite reach the conventional AR safety without moving hand on grip but feel better w/safety on until ready to fire, so fought "the click" until I discovered the Rock River star safety selector. This safety allows me to follow safety around w/complete control....Look Ma, NO CLICK! Best $9 x4 I ever spent!
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

Back