Remington 783 HBT (Ruger clone)

Originally Posted By: bmooreComes in 223, 308, 300 BLK and of course 6.5 Kardashian.

Hope you won't mind if I borrow that from time to time.

Thanks.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: bmooreComes in 223, 308, 300 BLK and of course 6.5 Kardashian.

Hope you won't mind if I borrow that from time to time.

Thanks.
smile.gif

No problem.

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILS Remington sure has gone downhill in the past decade!!!

They have in ways, but its the economic reality of having to compete with the "Jones", the Savages, and the Rugers and others who are also turning out the current market favorite disposable rifles.

Maybe someday everyone will get back to building something worth leaving to your grand kids. I'm not holding my breath, however.

JMO of course. And YMMV.

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: BOBTAILS Remington sure has gone downhill in the past decade!!!

They have in ways, but its the economic reality of having to compete with the "Jones", the Savages, and the Rugers and others who are also turning out the current market favorite disposable rifles.

Maybe someday everyone will get back to building something worth leaving to your grand kids. I'm not holding my breath, however.

JMO of course. And YMMV.

Very true. Sometimes though it seems as though it's a race to bottom of the hill.

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSOriginally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: BOBTAILS Remington sure has gone downhill in the past decade!!!

JMO of course. And YMMV.

Very true. Sometimes though it seems as though it's a race to bottom of the hill.

Agree!

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: BOBTAILSOriginally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: BOBTAILS Remington sure has gone downhill in the past decade!!!

JMO of course. And YMMV.

Agree!

As was the 788 in the 70's/80's........cheap guns that shoot well enuf are one of the benefits of a down economy. And with some of these, we can do our own gunsmithing if we wish. Unheard of in "the grand era of Remington"......With the economy growing as it is, we will soon be paying more for our wants, and all will be well, I suppose. Remington has slid since the bean counter investment - it will continue until sold, just like Savage some years ago, I'd guess. The small block Chevy has been replaced, and some people are just Earnhart fans........

Originally Posted By: jim87formulaOriginally Posted By: bmoore6.5 Kardashian.

This is golden! Good job on that, lol!

LOL, thanks. I have fun with my two buddies who shoot 6.5K, it is a fantastic round but it sure is all you see everywhere you turn.

For all the bitching about these new rifles, they have come a long way in this world of ever increasing prices, the big three have been able to keep rifles affordable and they seem to be listening to the majority, gun loonies will always find something wrong. Looking at the Rem above they've given you a respectable trigger that won't keep they're lawyers scrabling, threaded muzzle and short barrel to accommodate a can with out having to spend more at a gunsmith, enlarged bolt handle, stable synthetic stock(most shoot well if you open the barrel channel so they don't hit the barrel when on a bipod or bags)and in popular calibers that will accommodate 90+% of shooters. They even have a STEEL detachable mag and pre-installed rail all for under $500.

Last edited:
The 788 was mentioned and don't forget about the Stevens 200. Both were economy rifles but still had some quality in them. Lots of 788's and Stevens 200's out there shooting little bitty groups. I just wonder when the Ruger American and the Rem 783 are 20-30 years old if they will be even around.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogThe 788 was mentioned and don't forget about the Stevens 200. Both were economy rifles but still had some quality in them. Lots of 788's and Stevens 200's out there shooting little bitty groups. I just wonder when the Ruger American and the Rem 783 are 20-30 years old if they will be even around.

Put me in that group. I have a Stevens 200 in 22-250 with a Boyds stock that will do .4's routinely.

I had a Stevens in 223 that was very accurate. Got a wild hair and had the barrel cut to 18 inchs and it was crazy accurate after that. Let a guy talk me out of it. I have one now in 223 thats a heavy barrel. Its a shooter too.

Back