Shockwave volume ?

BangFlop

Can you all please give me some volume suggestions for both coyote vocals and distress calls (including pup distress)?

I am calling in Wisconsin, it is broken farm country with lots of hills and ravines.

Thank you!
Steve

In terms of coyote vocals with the exception of pup distress, I almost always run these on full volume with the Shockwave. If you have ever had a coyote howl close to you they are extremely loud!! I don't do this with my Lucky Duck Revolt because that thing is crazy loud, but do with the shockwave. In terms of the distress sounds, this all depends on how strong the wind is blowing. When you have called for awhile, you just get a feel for how loud is loud enough. I generally don't like my sound echoing around too bad, so if this is happening, I generally turn down the sound.

Originally Posted By: SDCoyoteCallerIn terms of coyote vocals with the exception of pup distress, I almost always run these on full volume with the Shockwave. If you have ever had a coyote howl close to you they are extremely loud!! I don't do this with my Lucky Duck Revolt because that thing is crazy loud, but do with the shockwave. In terms of the distress sounds, this all depends on how strong the wind is blowing. When you have called for awhile, you just get a feel for how loud is loud enough. I generally don't like my sound echoing around too bad, so if this is happening, I generally turn down the sound.

I would echo this for the most part. Especially the part about the Lucky Duck being crazy loud! Got mine on Tuesday set it in the living room turned it to volume 15 and played a sound. Holy crap I thought my ears were gonna bleed!

Anyways for me it kind of depends on the stand too. How much country arw you trying to call? In the deep river breaks or cedar draws in badlands canyons ill generally turn the volume down somewhat because we might make a stand in each draw. On the rolling prairie often ill call pretty loud! Do the same thing with hand calls too. Often ill begin a stand fairly quiet and build from there.

Originally Posted By: FairChase93Originally Posted By: SDCoyoteCallerIn terms of coyote vocals with the exception of pup distress, I almost always run these on full volume with the Shockwave. If you have ever had a coyote howl close to you they are extremely loud!! I don't do this with my Lucky Duck Revolt because that thing is crazy loud, but do with the shockwave. In terms of the distress sounds, this all depends on how strong the wind is blowing. When you have called for awhile, you just get a feel for how loud is loud enough. I generally don't like my sound echoing around too bad, so if this is happening, I generally turn down the sound.

I would echo this for the most part. Especially the part about the Lucky Duck being crazy loud! Got mine on Tuesday set it in the living room turned it to volume 15 and played a sound. Holy crap I thought my ears were gonna bleed!

Anyways for me it kind of depends on the stand too. How much country arw you trying to call? In the deep river breaks or cedar draws in badlands canyons ill generally turn the volume down somewhat because we might make a stand in each draw. On the rolling prairie often ill call pretty loud! Do the same thing with hand calls too. Often ill begin a stand fairly quiet and build from there.

I couldn't agree more FairChase93. Sound volume definitely depends on terrain, and how big the country is. Great points!!

Back