70 gr tnt on coyotes?

204 AR

Anyone shoot these? I read on here that they are incredibly accurate. I wonder if they'd stay together with a 1-8 twist at 3200 to maybe 3600 out of the 243 wssm? I don't want them grenading and taking out the suppressor.

Any fur reports? most likely coyotes only.
Thanks

They handle close to that in a 6X45 at 3200. I'm pretty sure they can handle that speed in a 243WSSM but will they group in your barrel will be a,question. You could get 3500 in a long 6X6.8 pushed along at the top end easily.

Greg

I shoot them at 3850 out of a 243 AI, 12T. 70g tnt is a very, very accurate bullet.

However, I do not know how much twisting they will take.

Originally Posted By: GLShooterThey handle close to that in a 6X45 at 3200. I'm pretty sure they can handle that speed in a 243WSSM but will they group in your barrel will be a,question. You could get 3500 in a long 6X6.8 pushed along at the top end easily.

Greg

How long of barrel are we talking?

I killed a couple dozen coyotes with them in my 243wssm and it's been several years ago but they were running right around 3720 in a 22" 10 twist and I was getting flattened primers using 4350. But back then the local shop had bags of 50 brass for $25 so I pushed that thick brass as hard as I could

24" tubes id you want to go for the hyper end. Lets face it a little cartridge has to run hot to keep up with one running the capacity of a WSSM. I have a 25 and they are CAVERNOUS!! LOL

I can also say that wrapping that cartridge up in a bolt gun takes a whole lot of the equation. In the AR doing the feeding and extraction balancing act along with the funky bolt doesn't help for getting the most out of one. Failure of a case, on average, can be a lot more spectacular in an AR compared to a bolt gun and a lot more expensive.

Greg

Ok thanks guys. I think I'm going to pass on them for now even though they are half price of nbt's. I just don't trust them in the fast twists.

Don't know if you are interested in trying them, but the Sierra 70 gr. Blitz Kings shoot great out of my 20" AR 6x45. Haven't chronographed the load so not sure what speed I am getting, but results on coyotes thus far have been very good.

Yeah I've been debating the blitzkings and also the varmageddon 70 gr. The sierra looks like it should have the better bc but it doesn't, at least on paper. I can tell you my drops out to 500 with the 70 bt aren't even close to what the programs say they should be.

Back