I DID IT!

TheBig1

I/We did it. My son Logan and I are getting into trapping and have had traps out for about 2 to 3 weeks now with zero results. We checked our traps yesterday afternoon and didn't get out today. I was going to go check them in the morning. At 1700 this afternoon I got a call from the farmer. His grandson went for a ride with his 4 wheeler and saw a coyote in one of our traps. It's the first animal that we've ever trapped. She's a beautiful female which I will tan and hang on my wall.

I personally want to thank my dad Barry Strickland for his confidence in me and his effort to keep me patient. Also I'd like to thank Mike Wojtach, Robby Gilbert of Trapping Time TV for the great show, and everyone else who may have played a part in our first bit of success.

Very cool. I've been reading up & researching. Nice to hear a first timer success story. Thanks for sharing it motivates.

Dyote, seriously, if I can find a dumb one, so can you. I caught her using a hay set with some beaver bait with skunk essence. It took about 10 days to hit.

thumbup.gif
gets easier now.

Your pan tension is too light if you are catching grinners in coyote traps. The right pan tension and firm bedding will give a pass to smaller pests.

Back