Finally!

bigfish87

After many unsuccessful stands and the cold wind, made a stand this evening took probably 35 minuets but finally he came over the ridge and the 243 barked! [img:center]
21_E8_D9_C1_E4_D8_4_FC7_849_E_8_C2_F83_C07_FAB.jpg
[/img]

Yip, that's how it's done, congrats! Way to have patience, that's a long time on stand and it paid off.

Thanks everyone! It has been tough calling this winter been seeing lots of them. Starting to switch my calling techniques been a blast no matter what though!

Nope it is a ruger precision in 243 with Burris eliminator scope. At first I was not a fan of this rifle and it is quite heavy, but I have grown quite fond of this rifle and scope combination.

What is your load? Congrats!
I too am thinking about using a PRS type rifle for note sniping at distance. The ability to have a system that can be adjusted in several different ways, covering all of the bases is what Im looking for. I realized the need after shooting a Tikka T3x and the crazy amount of jump/recoil it produced. From the custom cheek height to trigger hand placement advantages are the big ones for me. Also in the mix would be a adjustable butt plate. My buddy has a RPR, and it made my head spin from my conventional coyote sniping rifle opinion. I would lean more to the Tikka Tac-A1, although it does not come in 243.....yet.
What is your field ready weight? Thx.

Last edited:
[img:center]
A9_DD7405_0_C61_495_B_9642_3_D9_FAC790_A4_F.jpg
[/img] this girl came down a draw and got my wind she left up the hill I barked and stopped her 438 yards and dropped the hammer. I have had the eliminator probably 7 months I personally love it and it has been flawless for me. I did a review kinda on it in the optics but maybe I will get some pictures and update it.

Back