What do ya think of the velocity 3 lb trigger!!!!

Yea i got mine installed last week and seems pretty legit!!! I havent never had one in my own guns but shot one and luved it. But mine doesnt feel as low as 3 lbs but it breaks like glass!!

I like them quite a bit, AR gold is arguably better but certainly not twice as good like the price would suggest. AR Golds have a flimsy floppy take up I really get bothered by, the velocity triggers are tight and crisp.

great info....I was going to order one but couldn't find a trustworthy review. I should have known to start here first. I did, however, have a retired gunnery sergeant show me how to "slick-up" my regular trigger and I may stick with that for a while. Old dogs CAN learn some tricks, I guess.

I tried an elfman trigger once and thought they were pretty slick. They I think actually had a bearing to try and make the trigger feel smoother. Don’t quote me on the bearing though.

Originally Posted By: WTJonesgreat info....I was going to order one but couldn't find a trustworthy review. I should have known to start here first. I did, however, have a retired gunnery sergeant show me how to "slick-up" my regular trigger and I may stick with that for a while. Old dogs CAN learn some tricks, I guess.

I have shot a good amount of aftermarket AR triggers, I won't be buying any of them. I polished my stock trigger parts then put in a trigger adjuster screw. I adjusted the trigger adjuster to the point the disconnector just releases, the safety can't complete it's normal 90 degree rotation which is great, I just drilled a tiny little hole for the safety detent to catch and now I have a 45 degree safety throw. I put in a lighter weight trigger spring but left the stock heavy hammer spring for reliability.

My trigger is around 6 lbs, so a little heavy but there is zero creep left in my stock trigger and the reset is barely measurable. I like the feel of my version of the stock trigger more than a velocity but the velocity triggers are lighter than I can get mine.

My trigger was basically diamond honed until all the metal on metal places mated up perfectly. I/we never thought about the other aditions you mentioned. Just like your rifle my trigger is still a littleon the heavy side but it breaks so much better now that I'm happy with it.

A trigger adjuster screw costs about $15 and replaces the screw that holds you pistol grip on. The adjuster screw has a set screw inside it that you can use to take the creep out of your trigger, it can mess with your safety but I ended up using that to my advantage.

Back