New Caller .... Best DVDs

kfin

I am new to calling coyotes/bobcats but finally had some success the other day and am now totally hooked. This site is a great resource but I am thinking of adding some videos for learning. I don't really want a bunch of bang/flop videos, but something that is more towards the teaching side of calling and all that it entails. Looking at the dvd from Predator University. Is it a decent one for learning? Any other really good ones that it would help to pick up?
Thanks,

I think Clay Owens did a video, Randy Anderson is always fun to watch. FoxPro Furtakers is also fun to watch.

most everything in videos and seminars won't make sense until you go out and make some mistakes.

find someone that knows what they are doing and bribe them to take you hunting

I think the TT DVD is one of the best, I bought it to add to my library of predator calling books and DVD's I loan it out to friends that are getting started.

I have one here from Byron South about calling close cover that is pretty good.

Last edited:
These are my opinion.....

...The one from Tony Tebbe/Predator University is a good one.
It has info on how to use hand calls; locating and scouting locations; setting up stands; ect.

...MD HUNTING ADVENTURES COYOTE HUNTING 101: ANATOMY OF A COYOTE HUNT INSTRUCTIONAL DVD

...If you can still find a copy, I also recommend the DVD from Carver Calls, "21 Days in Coyote Heaven".

...And, of course, the Primos/Randy Anderson "Mastering the Art". There actually are two versions. I prefer the original, which has a brownish colored case, instead of a greenish colored case. The instructions are for the Primos calls, but the same techniques apply to any call.

...IMHO, the best DVD on the market, for learning to read a coyote's body language, is "Coyote Behavior", by Rhino Calls/Jay Nistetter.

i cant afford much but i do have 3 Primos vids with Randy Anderson, 2 of the "The Truth About Hunting" and 1 Speak the Language" DVD that shows how to use the Primos hand calls. i use it as a technique trainer and what the calling should sound like.

Using that as most of my "lessons" i finally got my first coyote last November, and a DOUBLE AT THAT!

I have not seen Tony Tebbe/Predator University yet for some reason?
Have seen one Les Johnson pretty good.
Carver calls is pretty good.
Learned a lot from Randy Anderson videos and calls.
Have not seen Rhino calls in person.
Zepps calls are pretty nice.

Originally Posted By: tripod3I have not seen Tony Tebbe/Predator University yet for some reason?
Have seen one Les Johnson pretty good.
Carver calls is pretty good.
Learned a lot from Randy Anderson videos and calls.
Have not seen Rhino calls in person.
Zepps calls are pretty nice.

Hard to believe that you haven't seen Tony's DVD.
shocked.gif

It's been out a few years now.

The ones I mentioned in that earlier post, are just a few of the ones I have on the shelf.
wink.gif

Videos can be helpful. However, if you can find an experienced coyote hunter in your area who would let you go on a hunt with them, it could be a game changer. There are so many subtle things that are hard to portray on a DVD.

If you are wanting instructional I would look at the Coyote Craze series. Geoff does a good job of explaining each stand in these videos. He lets you know the time of year, call used, wind direction, temperature, and even barometric pressure for some of them.

He breaks each stand down, hunt a lot of public land so many guys can relate to country he is hunting.

I like Kerry Carvers "21 days in coyote heaven" too.

Back