would love to try mouth calls.?

Sircatsalott

Hi every one.
I know this question is probobly asked alot, BUT.
So I am new to calling, live in Utah, and started out using a fox pro. I am having very limited success. Probably several thing contributing to that. I have A LOT to learn. Never used mouth calls. They always seemed intimidating.
I am ready to try em out. Can you advise a guy on good sounding (if I do my part) calls.
I was thinking of using carver rubber calls, [beeep] (made for killing) diaphragm calls.
Any thoughts on how to learn and use them properly? resources?
Thanks to all.

Carver calls are great.

The guys that make custom calls here are top notch and they make quality calls and would probably go over and above to help you out.

If you have a Sportman's warehouse close by go get a couple carver closed reed calls and start with them. If not get on his website and order some straight from him. He is a great guy, maybe even contact him for a tutorial also. Good luck!

Surf around the Custom Calls For Sale forum. I'm sure you'll see something you like. Lots of talent there.

Regards,

Rudy

PS: Kerry Carver ROCKS!

Awesome.
Thanks guys. I had heard good thing on his calls. I will give them a try. Any one out there use the [beeep](made for killing) diaphragms or flextone open and closed read calls?

Last edited:
Quote: Hey badtothebone/Rudy. Thanks for the reply. Are you still making calls? Have a place/website I can take a look at your calls?
Thanks

Sorry bud, I nuked the site years ago. I just do lot of free styling now, and custom stuff on the side.

Check out the other call makers here, you won't be disappointed.

Regards!!

Rudy

HI
I might be interested in some of those custom calls. Never looked into them. Been reading other post on your calls, they have a great reputation. So I gotta ask, what do you ask for them?

drool.gif
WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE
drool.gif

I suggest Crit'r Call. Standard and Pewee. Easiest blowing,comfortable in your mouth. Extra reeds supplied when you buy the call. May not look as pretty as a custom call but it will make any sound you want it to. (after some practice)

Back