slickest BCG??

steve garrett

what is the slickest smoothest bolt setup out there? I like for my BCG and bolt to see about 300-400 rounds before it smooths up how I like it too. Is there a slick coating that makes it so break in isn't needed?

NiBoron is pretty slick. Slicker than chrome. A good dose of FP10 has always been used on all mine. If you mean the bolt moving inside the carrier being tight there are no slick ones. They are tight because the rings have to wear in no matter if they are full NIb or chrome plated.

Greg

There is one called Cerraplate that is ceramic in some coating that is pretty slick also. Ritch and I sold about 300 of them during the panic at dealer cost to the guys. A little oil on them and they are as god as any greased pig. There are produced by an OEM manufacturer in Kansas, Signature, and I really like their products.

Griffin armament Enhanced mil spec BCG will likely be the last BCG's I will ever buy. Melonite QPQ finish doesn't sound as exotic as the NiB coating but I have never seen someone make such nice BCG as those Griffin armaments.

I think the effort put into the building of the BCG matters just as much if not more than the finish.

https://www.griffinarmament.com/Griffin-Enhanced-Mil-Spec-BCG-p/gabcg556.htm

I like that a melonite finish hardens the steel also and you will never have to worry about flaking or chipping of the coating.

Back