Rim fire suppressor help

Win.308stealth

Looking for recommendations for a rim fire suppressor. Will be going on rifles and pistols. Non aluminum baffles prefered (I like cleaning using the dip method). Also, has anyone on here specifically used the Lane rimfire suppressor.

My understanding is that rimfire suppressors need to be cleaned, but the Thunderbeast is a sealed unit. Just wondering how you would clean it.
I have a Mystic X9, and I use it on a cz .22 rifle, and that gets pretty caked up inside.

Originally Posted By: Win.308stealthMy understanding is that rimfire suppressors need to be cleaned, but the Thunderbeast is a sealed unit. Just wondering how you would clean it.
I have a Mystic X9, and I use it on a cz .22 rifle, and that gets pretty caked up inside.

Thunderbeast has a take down model out... that would be the one I would suggest...

I am ordering an elite iron echo 6. Same price as others listed, but it has the DB reduction listed on the site 33db standard velocity and 37db subsonic. I couldn't find anything on the other suppressors for what they were rated for.

Originally Posted By: ghostmoneyI am ordering an elite iron echo 6. Same price as others listed, but it has the DB reduction listed on the site 33db standard velocity and 37db subsonic. I couldn't find anything on the other suppressors for what they were rated for. personally i wouldnt get to caught up in decible numbers. 22lr. Is the easiest caliber to suppress. Its so easy its almost imposssible to goof it up. Just go with something that has good reviews overall. 99.9999% of people cant tell the difference in 10 decibles. Though many can tell the difference in the high or low pitched tone of the report more so than the actual decible number

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Catdog1Originally Posted By: ghostmoneyI am ordering an elite iron echo 6. Same price as others listed, but it has the DB reduction listed on the site 33db standard velocity and 37db subsonic. I couldn't find anything on the other suppressors for what they were rated for. personally i wouldnt get to caught up in decible numbers. 22lr. Is the easiest caliber to suppress. Its so easy its almost imposssible to goof it up. Just go with something that has good reviews overall. 99.9999% of people cant tell the difference in 10 decibles. Though many can tell the difference in the high or low pitched tone of the report more so than the actual decible number

I suppose I wouldn't notice, but I figure for the same money I would rather one that has the meter results available and good reviews. The only negative about elite iron is the weight of their suppressors. I currently am using a 18oz suppressor on my 22 so anything 10oz or less will be nice .

Originally Posted By: ghostmoney
I suppose I wouldn't notice, but I figure for the same money I would rather one that has the meter results available and good reviews. The only negative about elite iron is the weight of their suppressors. I currently am using a 18oz suppressor on my 22 so anything 10oz or less will be nice .

Holy cow batman, my 18oz is about what my 338 can weighs.

I own a Lane 5.56 scorpion and have run it on a 243 down to a 22lr. And am very happy with it. In the last couple of years of owning it, if I had a question about something I just called Cory and asked. He almost always picks up the phone. And if he doesn’t he calls you back rather quickly. Give him a call and he can answer any questions you have.

Yea its a can meant for 7.62x39.. That's pretty light for a 338 can. My 338 can is 28oz, but I wasn't concerned with weight as my rifle is 15lbs so whats another 1.75lbs for half the price of the lighter weight ones.
grin.gif

The Thunder Beast take down would be my first choice. I own a Sig rimfire and it works well on my rimfire rifles and pistols. It is a take down model for ease of cleaning.

I have this ruger-silent-sr 22 can. Got it when they first came out.
It's quite, easy to clean & do recommend it as an option for 22 WMR.
Its now on my Ruger American 22 WMR and had been on my buckmark 22LR.

After talking to a buddy of mine who knows and shoots with Cory of Lane Suppressors, I have decided to go with a Lane. My buddy has shot the dead air .22 suppressor and the lane side by side and he "thinks" the lane is quoted. Thanks for all the input.

There is no way a monocore can is better the Mask unless it is much larger. Your buddy needs his ears calibrated. I know a bit about cans. The Mask is way better than most and I'm sure crushes the Lane.

Back