6.5 Creedmoor and 130 Berger hybrids

Tylerpresser

Just wondering if anyone has quick loads and could run some data on it or if anyone has used Ramshot big game with this combo and how it works had some terrible times trying to get this bullet to group played with varget and my seating depth but never found a node to work don’t have many other powders to play with h414 imr4320 varget tac biggame

I seldom find great accuracy benefits from changing powders, so long as the powder used pushes the projectile at the proper operating envelope. Will powders tighten up groups from good to better? Sure...but I have never seen a bad group get suddenly better from a powder change.

How far jammed, jumped, etc did you try these bullets? Hybrids are typically very forgiving to load. I find they work well with a very subtle kiss of the lands.

Originally Posted By: TylerpresserJust wondering if anyone has quick loads and could run some data on it or if anyone has used Ramshot big game with this combo and how it works had some terrible times trying to get this bullet to group played with varget and my seating depth but never found a node to work don’t have many other powders to play with h414 imr4320 varget tac biggame

You need to go to the store or order out. Those powders are NOT where you want to be.

H-4350, Rl-17, Rl-26, Hybryd 100v or Rl-16. There is a shopping list.

I will run the big game for you and send it PM, if you want, it will work, but not as well as the powders I just listed.

10 in the lands to 50 out velocities were alright best group was 2670 but that was about 1.7inches at 200 which is not ok in my book I’m running it in a 22 inch barrel I realize they are not the best powders just what I have laying around I have become a fan of the Ramshot line 3 of my 4 rifles use it that’s why I was asking about big game I know I need to go shopping but haven’t made it in quite some time

2670 is pretty slow. Berger bullets prefer speed. If you were sub-MOA at 200, you're on the right track...but those speeds are concerning. Big Game is going to give you more of the same anemic performance.

My book lists 2800 FPS max out of Ramshot hunter and that bullet so I didn’t think I was two slow but speed is not the end of the world in my mind I can live with a slower speed if I get groups I like but I might have to change bullets and get some different powder and see what happens

maybe this will help!
nosler reloading guide 8
6.5 creedmoor 130g bullet
big game 43*max 2839 velocity
41grs 2741 "
39grs 2631

Originally Posted By: SmokelessOriginally Posted By: TylerpresserJust wondering if anyone has quick loads and could run some data on it or if anyone has used Ramshot big game with this combo and how it works had some terrible times trying to get this bullet to group played with varget and my seating depth but never found a node to work don’t have many other powders to play with h414 imr4320 varget tac biggame

You need to go to the store or order out. Those powders are NOT where you want to be.

H-4350, Rl-17, Rl-26, Hybryd 100v or Rl-16. There is a shopping list.

I will run the big game for you and send it PM, if you want, it will work, but not as well as the powders I just listed.

Lot of truth in this statement.

NOTE: 130g Berger VLD Hunting did not shoot holes through deer for me @ 2700-2750
I went with a 130g Nosler and 127g Hornady flat base...I need a blood trail if they run off in the Jungle we hunt in.

And I do believe in having the proper powders just had not been to town rather be out shooting or in my reloading room it is looking like an elk trip this fall so I’m working on loads now and from what I have seen the bergers are more for deer than the accubonds for the big game I got out with the first set my chronograph was giving me fits but it seems the h4350 is going to work well I quit at at 43.5 grs and I hadn’t seen any pressure issues seems like a good node at 42 gr .6 moa group at 200 have to play some more with my seating depth to see if I can get it a little better

Back