Custom Hog and Large Animal Knife (Updated)

daddyflea

Went by to see Jamie Herring at Lake Creek Forge and checked on my new Knife. It looks like the Knives of Alaska knife that I use but it is not even close. It is longer, more pointed, has a bigger Gut Hook, and will be Hollow Ground. This will be a thin Razor Edge D2 Steel Knife just for cleaning Hogs and large Animals. It is rough right now but it is getting close. (Note Check Photos at the Bottom of the page to see the finished knife)

e68shf.jpg

30rtcw4.jpg

2iv0lec.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dyote'Heck yeah. Looking fwd to seeing finished. What's the size specs?

I can not tell you. I just told him I want the Blade a little more pointed and the unsupported finger groove to disappear. Then I told him it is too thick make sure you hollow grind it so I can sharpen it easier. Making the groove go away made the handle longer and the blade more pointed made the blade longer. He also increased the size of the Gut Hook.

Here is my Knife update. After 1st Temper and Cryo 63 RC

b499c6.jpg

Jamie said it was recommended to do two Tempers so after two it is now 60 RC

28t7x29.jpg

Next the Handle is Bolted On and Epoxy Glued.

x3tnba.jpg

Now it is getting close.

iz01og.jpg

Grabbed this off the Web to show my Blank. Easy to see which one is my Knife and how unique it is.

2rcwg20.jpg

This is being made for me by Jaime Herring at https://www.facebook.com/LakeCreekForge/

Last edited:
Back