New Ruger American Predator

McGraw

I noticed today on Rugers site. Their now building the Predator with a A-I mag, pretty cool!
Also a .223 Rem with a AR mag.

Last edited:
Yes, a whole new line up. Also some camo stocked stuff with bronze cerekoted actions and barrels. There was another post with a guy wondering about the weather resistance of a RAP...this would be a step in the right direction.

I was looking at the spec- sheets on these new predators again today. It’s interesting that they all have 22 inch barrels with the exception of the .308, it is 18 inches. Wish they would have gave that option in .223. The .223 is a1/8 twist though and I like that.

I'm all for the factory upgrades but if history repeats itself the price will increase each time til everyone complains and starts looking for the next entry level truck gun.
The history of many buyers is they like to buy something cheap and then tinker with it til they have more in it than a custom while still claiming out of the box price.

Tripod, I-think that all of just what you said is very true. Maybe competition will be good though, and make company’s like Savage scramble to come up with something new or even create some new rebates. I wish Savage would re-design their stock. I know it’s designed to sit down in your shoulder better, but good lord looks like they could build up the comb if their going that route.

Ruger responded to my email question on the ability to upgrade the current RARR guns to the new style with a stock change. The answer is NO, sorry, but they are not going to work. I assume the RAP will be likewise. I would post the email...but managed to clear it and some others by mistake. Screwed up...but we will wait and see if Customer Reps know their stuff or not.

TR

Back