FoxPro Banshee vs HammerJack?

Xdm40rajuy

I just wanted to get some input from the people who have a lot more experience with these e-callers.

Even though i have been hunting in Nebraska since 2009, we finally moved here in 2015. My favorite time of year is November, since i get the opportunity to hunt deer. Since I only have high power rifles, my season is very short. When we see a coyote, we dont hesitate to pop off a round. I managed to shoot one this season and was paid $25 for it. My brother in law mananaged to shoot 2 and got $85 for them both. This is when a light bulb went off in my head. We talked and figured we could earn a few bucks by hunting the coyotes until they stop buying them at the end of February. So in the last week, i have managed to buy 5 diaphragm calls, and am thinking about a couple more from Made For Killing. I want to use the diaphragm calls with the FoxPro. All this i new to us, as we just shoot the coyotes as we see them and not actually call them in to us.

We plan on hunting coyotes year round and making money when the fur buyers are around. The question is, since the Banshee and Hammerjack are the same price point, which one would be a better option for someone new to predator hunting?

Last edited:
Are you going to be wearing gloves while calling? If so I would spend the extra to get a model with tx1000 remote. Or possibly the patriot for a low budget.

Originally Posted By: BleedsBlueAre you going to be wearing gloves while calling? If so I would spend the extra to get a model with tx1000 remote. Or possibly the patriot for a low budget.

I guess that depends on the weather. But I do plan on hunting year round. This winter in Nebraska is the coldest in the time that I have lived or hunted here. Is the remote on these really that bad with gloves?

Of the 2 listed I think I would choose the banshee for the extra volume. But I would agree that for another 100 the CS24C with the tx1000 remote would be a better choice by far.

I recently upgraded from an older FoxPro and the remote was a big part of the reason for an upgrade, it functioned the way it should I geuss it just wasn't what I wanted. I went a different route but very nearly bought a 24c.

The Banshee can be a pain in the field, getting it in and out of a pack. Not as easy fir the grab-and-go kinda hunter.

Originally Posted By: specThe Banshee can be a pain in the field, getting it in and out of a pack. Not as easy fir the grab-and-go kinda hunter.
Spec, what does that mean? When I go out, I just plan on taking the caller. Not the box it comes in.

I assume you are going to put it in a pack of some sort. It has no base, so you may need to devise some sort of tripod set-up. Seems like the antennae or battery pack is always hanging up on something. Only my opinion, but can be a pain to pack/unpack/repack between each set. Might want to search "brackets for CS-24" and see how some guys rigged theirs. Other than that I like the call.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply spec. I don't have the call, nor have I had a call. I didn't know u needed all this stuff. I just have been watching FoxPro's furtakers and assumed that I would just take my call out the way they do and sit it in a yucca plant. As far as wearing gloves, does the weatherget bad where you are to need gloves? Do you have any remote issues?

Last edited:
Yes on the gloves. Good question. I have a glove that I cut the tip off the first finger and thumb.Also for nighttime, I have adhesive tape across the middle 3 buttons. (Down and up volume and center "select" key), so that I can feel which button to select. Also need to get used to depressing the center of the button so it "hears" your selection.Both of your options have the same remote. Were I had it to do over I would take a look at that TX1000 remote, but it was not available when I as looking.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: specYes on the gloves. Good question. I have a glove that I cut the tip off the first finger and thumb.Also for nighttime, I have adhesive tape across the middle 3 buttons. (Down and up volume and center "select" key), so that I can feel which button to select. Also need to get used to depressing the center of the button so it "hears" your selection.Both of your options have the same remote. Were I had it to do over I would take a look at that TX1000 remote, but it was not available when I as looking.
Spec, I really appreciate all your time to my question. I really didn't want to spend the extra $100 for the TX1000 remote, but like everyone says, it's just $100 for a lot more call. I'm going to go ahead and get the cs24c and be done with it. Worse case scenario is, this doesn't work out and I call sell it for a good price. My issue now is waiting for allpredators to get the call back in stock. I was hoping to use my call this weekend, but I guess I'll just stick with my diaphragm calls, that I'm still learning to use. Thanks again for your input.

I have the Banshee and CS24, if you can spend a bit more then get the CS24(for the remote). If not, the Banshee will work just fine for you.

Originally Posted By: 36FanI have the Banshee and CS24, if you can spend a bit more then get the CS24(for the remote). If not, the Banshee will work just fine for you.
Thanks 36Fan for your input. Even though I had my heart set on the Banshee or Hammerjack, it seems that spending the extra money to get cs24c is the thing to do.I guess I'll have to see when Allpredators will have more CS24c'S in.

Originally Posted By: FairChase93In stock on The foxpro website.
Is there a difference between the custom programming from AllPredator and the standard sounds that come with the call?

Originally Posted By: Xdm40rajuyOriginally Posted By: FairChase93In stock on The foxpro website.
Is there a difference between the custom programming from AllPredator and the standard sounds that come with the call?

You can pick your sounds (custom programming) when ordering from APC or direct from Foxpro. Doing this, you get to pick which sounds come pre-loaded in your caller. If you get the standard list, it is a default set of sounds pre loaded to the caller and that's what you get. You get the same number of pre loaded sounds either way, only difference is pre-chosen vs chosen by you.

Back