Less than 1000.00

spotstalkshoot

My budget will be 1000/suppressor(2) out the door. Can(s) will be my first,would like to use a trust with my brother(he is an Iowa resident) I live in Mn. Needs to handle 223-308, able to handle prairie dog shoots. Prefer lifetime warranty. What is the minimum muzzle diameter for direct threading for variable caliber suppressor? Suggestions, these could be mix or match brands/models. Dealer(s) who will help/supply forms and documents? Thanks.

Dakota Silencer in Sioux Falls, SD has been very easy to work with. They have trust documents that you can download and fill in with your info. My only experience has been with the Varminter 3.0 and I have been pleased.

I have and like the YHM LT.

Economical, full-auto rated, Inconel blast baffle, and with their QD system, I use it on my AR15 and AR10 type rifles which are 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 respectively.

I don't think you can get a trust anymore, since June 2017. I have a trust but, last I checked I couldn't add another suppressor. Obama took care of that. Rudy

Originally Posted By: rudymontanaI don't think you can get a trust anymore, since June 2017. I have a trust but, last I checked I couldn't add another suppressor. Obama took care of that. Rudy

Here in NV you can still get and buy nfa items on a trust. The only thing that changed is the trust NO longer waives the CLEO sign off and everyone listed on the trust must be fingerprinted and photographed. Assuming since this is a federal thing, its probably the same everywhere.

CLEO requirement must be a State item. I purchased a suppressor last month using a new Trust from Dakota Silencer and did not need a CLEO letter.

When you make the purchase, only list yourself on the Trust. You will need to be photographed and fingerprinted. After you receive your Stamp, you can add your trustees with out the photo/prints.

If you make a new purchase on the same trust later, you have to remove all the trustees. Or they all need to be photographed and fingerprinted.

I chose to set up a new Trust even though I have a pre 41F trust. I didn't want to remove all the Trustees and wait for the Stamp to come back before adding them back on. Or, having them get photographed/fingerprinted.

Having a network of passionate predator hunters who will share knowledge and experience,well it's great. Spending a 1000 each for a hobby related item is a big decision for me. All the shared thoughts help, thanks again.

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: rudymontanaI don't think you can get a trust anymore, since June 2017. I have a trust but, last I checked I couldn't add another suppressor. Obama took care of that. Rudy

Here in NV you can still get and buy nfa items on a trust. The only thing that changed is the trust NO longer waives the CLEO sign off and everyone listed on the trust must be fingerprinted and photographed. Assuming since this is a federal thing, its probably the same everywhere.

Looks like I was partially incorrect. NO CLEO SIGN OFF REQUIRED. 41F removes the CLEO sign off.
https://silencerco.com/blog/2016/02/11/buying-a-silencer-6-things-you-need-to-know-about-atf-41f/

Back