moles tearing up my yard

My neighbor owns an exterminating service and has told me that the following will work, 100% of the time:

Go to your local Barber shop, and ask them for a few garbage bags of cut hair.

Moles are hairless, and when the hair is placed down into the holes, the hair sticks to their skins, and works it's way in. The moles will begin itching violently, and will either die from the itching, or will just vacate the area. The trick is to place the cut hair down into every "Mole-Hole" you see. She has owned this exterminating service for about 25 years, and SWEARS by this method....It won't cost you a red cent....Let me know how it works for you....

they have already pushed the ground up just make a small hole and pour in a oz. you don't have to drown it it is the amonia that makes them leave,

Frog

Hey Jeff,Youve got to be kidding.Either your friend in the exterminating buisness is pulling your leg, or doesn't know the 1st thing about moles.Moles are mammals,ALL MAMMALS HAVE HAIR.Mabee this trick works for her,but it sounds ridiculous.Sounds like it would make a great Si Fi movie.

since this post started, i tried the silly hair in the hole method, to no avail.

diazanon (banned/ no longer for sale) did the trick. no more moles. no more grub worms (or anything else) in the lawn where i applied it.

try it, you'll like it. have a plastic bag handy to remove all the poisoned birds from your lawn if you apply it to trees or shrubs. you'll meet your bag's limit.

Please be careful with the poison / chemicals you use. In our area a few years ago a "Company " used Fumitoxin to get rid of some voles (small mole like rodents) around a home. Two small children died because of the toxic nature of that chemical. They didn't ingest it, they just played in the area that it was put down. Be safe.

Back