Christensen Arms

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3122238 - 01/13/18 12:14 AM Re: Safe Queen Keepers [Re: Rustydust]
FairChase93 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Western South Dakota
I Geuss you could say I have 2 but its more circumstancial than anything. One is a 1969 Romanian training rifle in 22lr, it needs a new mag and no clue where to find one. It was the first rifle that was ever "mine" but if it was really worth anything I could sell it in a heartbeat.

The other is a Model 94 my dad bought new in 1974 when he graduated high school. Not really anything that special really and I Geuss I'd probably keep it forever but I can't honestly say id be heart broken if it was gone either.

Just don't get that sentimental about them. I've bought and sold and traded a lot of rifles. If its not something I'm currently using or interested in ill happily send it down the road.

Almost comical how many people I know that will buy a gun and absolutely hate it for one reason or another and in the safe it goes never to be seen again because they'll "never sell a gun"!

#3122242 - 01/13/18 01:20 AM Re: Safe Queen Keepers [Re: FairChase93]
NWShooter69 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: PacNW
First off this an awesome topic. I'll throw my hat into the ring. I have 3 in my safe that went from my dad to me and in time will go to my son. The first is a 6" Colt Python that my dad bought just before he shipped out to Vietnam. As a kid he would show me that gun and allow me to hold it under his supervision. I was in total awe of that gun.Always told him when I got older I was going to buy my own. I have know memories of that ever being shot. Fast forward to 1986 when I graduated from high school he told me he was proud of me and wished me all the best told me I was starting my own way in life and wanted to give me something we both knew a lot to me and handed me the Colt. I was speechless and to this day I have never fired it but have shared with my son as my dad did with me.All the money in this world couldn't buy that and never will. The 2nd is a Marlin 39 that was the first gun I ever bought on my own when I was 14.. Worked ALOT of cows to buy that from a family friend. That one still gets shot just for nostalgia. The last is an old single shot 22 that my grandma kept by the door to kill snakes. When I was a little shaver she would have a pocketful of shells for me to shoot down at the stock pond.We talked about everything together and shealways told me when she was gone, that 22 would be mine, funny thing is my son says that it is his.

So those are my safe queens

#3122248 - 01/13/18 06:08 AM Re: Safe Queen Keepers [Re: Rustydust]
sandy hicks Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: southeast texas
Sorry fellas forgot about the styers in the back of the safe. Pristine blueing and undrilled. All bolts should be that smooth.

#3122287 - 01/13/18 09:12 AM Re: Safe Queen Keepers [Re: Rustydust]
galoot Online
Seasoned Member

Loc: western PA
Dad's Rem 721, Grandpa's Model 12, the Ruger 77 my wife bought me, a bunch of other stuff I could not part with cause I'm attached. Sad part the grandkids have no interest.

#3122295 - 01/13/18 09:47 AM Re: Safe Queen Keepers [Re: galoot]
AWS Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: WA
Fun to read these.

My family had no history of firearms, my grandpa grew up on the Barron's estate in Germany and poached the Barron's game and trout with snares and box traps, where I grew up it was illegal to fire a guns and my father ran box traps through the county and hunted with a bow. His sister married a hunter and got my dad started upland hunting and bought the only firearm he ever bought for himself(slick barrel 16ga 870). Dad bought me my first 22 and shotgun, the shotgun was junk and died in a couple years(still have the single shot J.C. Higgins). I bought my dad his first deer rifle, and his second when he told me the first was getting a little heavy to carry and his first dedicated upland O/U, kind of created my own legacy.

Edited by AWS (01/13/18 09:48 AM)

Make mine a Minaska.

#3122331 - 01/13/18 11:15 AM Re: Safe Queen Keepers [Re: Rustydust]
sandy hicks Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: southeast texas
Grandpa had one of those JC Higgins.

#3122340 - 01/13/18 11:45 AM Re: Safe Queen Keepers [Re: Rustydust]
AWS Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: WA
Mine has been cut off and lengthened a bunch of time I think just about everyone of my nieces and nephews have grown up shooting it.

Make mine a Minaska.

#3122422 - 01/13/18 06:26 PM Re: Safe Queen Keepers [Re: Rustydust]
muskrat30 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wisconsin
I have a 1966 Sako Forester in about mint condition, from the original buyer. I havenít even shot it, no need. At this point I donít see a reason to sell it either, itís in 243.

#3122562 - 01/14/18 01:30 AM Re: Safe Queen Keepers [Re: Rustydust]
wklman Online
Seasoned Member

Loc: az
My biggest problem with safe queens is that I can't stand to have a gun that I can't shoot. I used to collect old Winchester rifle and shotguns. Well knowing that if I shot the really pristine ones I'd lose value so I never shot them. Then one day I thought to myself what good is owning all these guns when I can't do anything with them. Best I could do is take them out of the safe once in a while, look at them, clean them, then put them back.

I said this is crazy so I up and sold my whole gun collection and bought myself 80 acres in Minnesota. Best decision I've ever made. I've shot a 140" buck, a 160" buck, and a slew of pheasants off the property and plan to retire there when I'm done working.

#3123209 - 01/15/18 11:37 PM Re: Safe Queen Keepers [Re: Rustydust]
Tnslim Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: TN
I've got several that never get shot. One is a S&W model 16 in 32 H&R Magnum from my Dad that is quite rare. Another is a model 5 Remington takedown in 32 rimfire that my grand dad bought used before my Dad was born and I actually have a box of rounds for it at least 70 years old. Last is a matching pair of Gustloff German WWII trainers that Dad brought home from Germany. One I grew up with and has a million rounds thru it but the other has never been fired. They are extremely accurate 22 single shots with bayonets and adjustable elevation rear sights. Reason I don't shoot my old friend is the eyes have let me down.

#3123402 - 01/16/18 03:55 PM Re: Safe Queen Keepers [Re: Brad Phillips]
champ198 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Cuba, Missouri
I have 4 that ill never get rid of.
one is a .22 that was my dads pride and joy. its a Remington speedmaster BDL.
another is a old Mossberg 22 bolt action that I have had since I was 5 (almost 40 now).
a 410 shotgun that my dad bought me for Christmas one year when I was in my 20s.
the last is a Savage pump in 35 Rem that was my uncles. he passed it to me before he passed away.

my dad is gone and so is my Uncle and those guns will be passed down to my son when the time comes.
everything else that I buy is a different story. I kinda wish now I had all the guns back that I have sold over the years.
and sad part is a lot of them were sold because of an X-Wife that didn't know how to pay bills so when it came down to it my guns were sold to pay for bills.
never again will that happen. if I want to get rid of them its my choice no one else's now.

#3123617 - 01/17/18 08:11 AM Re: Safe Queen Keepers [Re: Rustydust]
Don Watkins Offline

Loc: PA
I always thought I would inherit my Dad's 1943 Colt 1911A1, but when it became obvious that he had Alzheimers, I had to take his car keys and his Colt. Dad was a WWII Marine and that was his sidearm. He had always been meticulous in keeping it clean, until the last ten years. He passed three years ago at age 91, When I got the pistol I stripped it to the frame, soaked the parts and cleaned everything, then replaced the springs and put it back together. I fired one magazine through it to make sure everything functioned and then put it away to be saved for my Son. It's the only gun I own that I don't shoot. The day will come when that will be handed over to my Son along with my own Dan Wesson V-Bob and a Kimber Classic Carry Pro.

#3123922 - 01/17/18 09:58 PM Re: Safe Queen Keepers [Re: Rustydust]
bigfish87 Offline

Loc: Kansas
A couple browning bar Belgium made 7mags one was grandpas gun. One browning a5 Belgium and then one Winchester model 94 in 32 special it is engraved and has the big loop my dad bought it the year John Wayne died that is the only gun that has not been shot.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Infidel 762, OldTurtle 

Forum Stats
55675 Members
88 Forums
332263 Topics
3129049 Posts

Max Online: 4372 @ 01/25/15 10:27 PM
Today's Birthdays
4xpuller, Chase16, Ford, Luis O., Mike Cogar, Slimbow00
© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.