Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3122540 - 01/13/18 11:19 PM Stupid mistake cost me $100
Forest Ghost Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Wa, USA
Brought a coyote and a bobcat to the fur buyer, was gonna view his shop and get some pointers, he ended up only buying the coyote pelt($20 in the green) was gonna do $100 for the bobcat(carcass) and give more depending on the auction but I failed to realize I needed to get it sealed from the game department in order to sell! The cat was a roadkill some guy asked me to remove which I happily did. Fur buyer was a 3 hour drive. Oh well. Super nice guy, very knowledgeable and Iím gonna be happy to do more business with him. Especially once the cat gets sealed. Note to everyone- if your commie state requires a seal donít space it just because itís a roadkill.

#3122560 - 01/14/18 01:09 AM Re: Stupid mistake cost me $100 [Re: Forest Ghost]
wklman Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: az
I think every state requires a seal that exports bobcats. I may be wrong though.

#3122561 - 01/14/18 01:12 AM Re: Stupid mistake cost me $100 [Re: wklman]
fw707 Offline
Retired Moderator

Loc: Roadside watermelon stand
Originally Posted By: wklman
I think every state requires a seal that exports bobcats. I may be wrong though.

CITES tag.

https://www.fws.gov/international/permits/by-species/fur-bearers.html

Neil deGrasse Tyson

#3122570 - 01/14/18 07:59 AM Re: Stupid mistake cost me $100 [Re: Forest Ghost]
gotspots Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Colorado/Wyoming
Cities tags are federal but issued buy the state. All states require them for sale and export across state line. Only exception is California where sale and export of bobcats is unlawful.

#3122597 - 01/14/18 10:49 AM Re: Stupid mistake cost me $100 [Re: Forest Ghost]
Forest Ghost Offline
Seasoned Member

Yup. And for some dumb reason I totally spaced it. Buyer was super nice and even called up a warden buddy. Just sucks with how far I have to drive to get it sealed.

#3122614 - 01/14/18 12:01 PM Re: Stupid mistake cost me $100 [Re: Forest Ghost]
WyYoteKiller Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Wyoming
Bummer, but yes CITES is what is required. Our game wardens have certain days and times they come by areas to tag cats. Might give him/her a call and see what yours do.

After 8 years in the infantry, fighting for your right to burn the flag, I have only one thing for you before you light it up. Wrap yourself in it first!!!

#3123432 - 01/16/18 05:46 PM Re: Stupid mistake cost me $100 [Re: Forest Ghost]
Forest Ghost Offline
Seasoned Member

Called the warden and I guess Iím out a kitty too. Washington only allows the use of hunted/trapped animals. So they canít give me a seal and Iím supposed to dispose of the cat. Also if I get caught with an unsealed cat he had a list of consequences. Note- Washington sucks. Iím moving.

#3123454 - 01/16/18 06:51 PM Re: Stupid mistake cost me $100 [Re: Forest Ghost]
SlickerThanSnot Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: stuck in a fence
Originally Posted By: Forest Ghost
Called the warden and I guess Iím out a kitty too. Washington only allows the use of hunted/trapped animals. So they canít give me a seal and Iím supposed to dispose of the cat. Also if I get caught with an unsealed cat he had a list of consequences. Note- Washington sucks. Iím moving.

so you told the warden it was road kill and he told you they wont give you a seal unless you trapped or shot it?

#3123479 - 01/16/18 07:49 PM Re: Stupid mistake cost me $100 [Re: Forest Ghost]
Forest Ghost Offline
Seasoned Member

I told him it died but wasnít hunted or trapped by me. I know if itís hit on a highway which by Washington law is any road then itís state property and illegal to pick up. This was a private road which I thought was a gray area. And I was told it has to be disposed of then- not hunted or trapped. Not even supposed to do an at home tanning or anything.

#3123498 - 01/16/18 08:30 PM Re: Stupid mistake cost me $100 [Re: Forest Ghost]
WyYoteKiller Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Wyoming
I had a game warden stop and help me skin a deer on a county road a couple years back, didn't even ask for my driver's license

After 8 years in the infantry, fighting for your right to burn the flag, I have only one thing for you before you light it up. Wrap yourself in it first!!!

#3124030 - 01/18/18 10:15 AM Re: Stupid mistake cost me $100 [Re: WyYoteKiller]
DesertRam Offline

Loc: Las Cruces, NM USA
Originally Posted By: WyYoteKiller
I had a game warden stop and help me skin a deer on a county road a couple years back, didn't even ask for my driver's license

Gotta love Wyoming!

Forum Stats
55260 Members
87 Forums
329959 Topics
3107633 Posts

Max Online: 4372 @ 01/25/15 10:27 PM
Today's Birthdays
callin'all'dogs, corey22, CzechsMix, Duffman121, gandcpriest, MT shooter, mt40x-400, notfishn2day, StretchnTx, Sweetfilly, THROUGHGLASS121, trekman
© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.