Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#3119108 - 01/03/18 10:42 PM PRAIRIE DOG HUNTING JUNE 2018
PD HUNTER Offline

Loc: TN
Veteran PD hunter looking for a free 3 day PD hunt 1-15 June 2018

#3119181 - 01/04/18 09:02 AM Re: PRAIRIE DOG HUNTING JUNE 2018 [Re: PD HUNTER]
Hunt Offline
Die Hard Member

Dave,
I sent you an email to your gmail account. It'll be tough to get guys to offer up "free places to hunt" on here as most like to keep it quiet (considerably so). However, I sent you some information that may help you.

#3121999 - 01/12/18 08:07 AM Re: PRAIRIE DOG HUNTING JUNE 2018 [Re: PD HUNTER]
WyYoteKiller Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Wyoming
Might have to pick a place and go knock on some doors. If you can see the dogs from the highway it is likely they'll say no. Getting out in the country and knocking on doors might be the best way.

After 8 years in the infantry, fighting for your right to burn the flag, I have only one thing for you before you light it up. Wrap yourself in it first!!!

#3122112 - 01/12/18 02:43 PM Re: PRAIRIE DOG HUNTING JUNE 2018 [Re: PD HUNTER]
JoeyJ Offline

Loc: North Dakota
Could try and contact Game & Fish Departments in the states you're looking to shoot prairie dogs in. They could probably tell you the counties possessing the most towns, then contact the local game warden for advice. Sometimes he can give you names and telephone numbers of ranchers willing to allow hunters on their property.

Next best, in my opinion, is pick a location based on your research and in some of those small towns you'll find a local gas station or café that will have a person or two that might point you in the right direction.

The difficult part might be finding reasonably priced accommodations to stay in unless you have a pickup camper or such.

If you're considering North Dakota - I would suggest the SW corner of the State, specifically the Marmarth area.

It never hurts to pack along a nice box of fine chocolate - read that to mean "expensive" chocolate such as the "finest" turtles and fudge for the Lady of the house who has land providing excellent prairie dog shooting at no cost to you or yours. Takes a mighty good cooler to keep the chocolate in pristine condition while looking for that particular location but it will be better received by the family than a nice bottle of booze for the man of the house.

Good Luck in your quest.

Forum Stats
55260 Members
87 Forums
329959 Topics
3107633 Posts

Max Online: 4372 @ 01/25/15 10:27 PM
Today's Birthdays
callin'all'dogs, corey22, CzechsMix, Duffman121, gandcpriest, MT shooter, mt40x-400, notfishn2day, StretchnTx, Sweetfilly, THROUGHGLASS121, trekman
© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.