95 V Max/ 6.5 Grendel

What kind of performance are you getting out of the 95 V Max. Was thinking of these for my coyote round. Shots would be 400 max mostly 300 or less.

I run them out of a 16". Performance has been pretty good, but not a fur saver bullet IMO. Shot coyotes from 50 to 525 yards with them. Hand loads have been sub MOA with a little effort. In my gun I have to seat them deep to get best accuracy, or jam them so hard that the bullets stick in the chamber when you go to eject a live round.(not a pleasant experience) They have always seemed to make coyotes dead pretty good, but have had some significant holes in them, too.

I use Benchmark with those in my rifle. No idea the speed but it's the most accurate powder with them I've tried so far

I loaded some 95 gr v-max with 29.5 grs of Benchmark. My 18" bbl produced velocity of 2789 fps with 3 shot group of .722. I loaded some 100 gr Nosler with 8208 which produced good vel and accuracy. Haven't gotten around to trying the v-max with 8208. The Nosler does a good job on coyotes.

I'm listening to all of you and taking notes, I'm al
Bout ready to start reloading my Grendel loads in a 95-100 grain. Thanks for posting.

Back