Anderson barreled upper

Rhett Steele

I've been looking at a coyote upper that has a fluted 1:8 Anderson match grade barrel 18". Can't find any reviews. What do the folks on pm have to say?

I don't know anything about Anderson products so no help there. But I do know that if I'm shooting live stuff I want an very good and accurate barrel/upper. I've always regarded their stuff to be for blasting. I assume you want a 223 or wylde chamber?

If you want an accurate rifle either save your money and buy a QUALITY BARREL . Or buy a quality upper and barrel. I have Anderson stripped uppers and stripped lowers. No problem with the lowers or uppers but for my stripped uppers I prefer BCM. I agree with RB that Anderson is for blasting. Buy a quality barrel and trigger and your more than half way there.

223 wylde chamber, I've been looking at getting a 16_18" upper for coyote rig. Found it on gb. It weighs 4#. Any recommendations for a good upper?

My 3 gun rifle wears an Anderson barrel and gas block I can't attest to the group accuracy, because I shoot factory class so it just has a red dot on it. At matches I have done well hitting 300yd 8 inch plates. Last year I put 1000 rounds through rifle and wanted to see how reliable it was so I never have cleaned it yet but I do lube the [beeep] out of it before a match haven't had one malfunction yet.

I have an Anderson barreled upper. It is a 24" heavy fluted barreled upper I purchased from Sportsmans Guide. I've been very pleased with mine. Although it is definitely accurate, my 16" standard M4 barreled Windham Weaponary is just as accurate.

Last edited:
Over the past couple years, I've built 3 uppers for friends with the 24" Anderson heavy barrels. They do look indistinguishable from BCA barrels, so I think that would be a really good guess as to where they come from. All of them shot really well at 100 yards, but I never got the opportunity to push them beyond that. For the price, I'd say they're a decent value.

Back