Midsouth Varmint Nightmares

Originally Posted By: dan158I have had really good 5 shot groups with their 20 cal 34 grainers..

Right you are about those, Dan. Although the BC is not great with that bullet they are wonderfully accurate in my .204 with the proper dose of Benchmark.

Originally Posted By: RustydustOriginally Posted By: dan158I have had really good 5 shot groups with their 20 cal 34 grainers..

Right you are about those, Dan. Although the BC is not great with that bullet they are wonderfully accurate in my .204 with the proper dose of Benchmark.

I am sure you have used those 34 grainers on PD Russ. What about the range of those before you saw the loss of accuracy because of the lower BC number. I haven't shot them over a 100 yards yet or used them on any critters... Dan

Originally Posted By: dan158Originally Posted By: RustydustOriginally Posted By: dan158I have had really good 5 shot groups with their 20 cal 34 grainers..

I am sure you have used those 34 grainers on PD Russ. What about the range of those before you saw the loss of accuracy because of the lower BC number. I haven't shot them over a 100 yards yet or used them on any critters... Dan

I dont think that I ever shot any PD's further than 300 yards with them and that was maybe 10 years or so ago when I used them last. Due to their large hollow point they were very explosive at less than 200 yards and I got some of the best blowups ever using them.

I switched to polymer tipped bullets quite a few years ago and after I had shot all 1000 of those Varmint Nightmares up (mostly on our local ground squirrels) I did not buy any more of them.

Rusty, you have used these 50gr SP? I have .223 bolt with a slow 1/12 twist these should work good in. Would they work on coyotes?

Yes I have shot them and I think they shoot very well for what they cost. I have tried them in my 1/9" twist, my 1/12" twist and my 1/14" twist guns and they did well in all of them.

I have not tried them on any coyote but I dont see why they would not bring one down for you. Hit them in the right spot, of course.

Back