Trying.......

Dropadoglv

Hope you all are having a successful New Year!!
Haven't been out much over the last few weeks, but still grinding out a few here and there.
As normal, not much to say other than a few pictures.

2cx9aw1.jpg

Killed 7 that day which was pretty good, but was moving quickly as I was running out of day light and didn't take any pics.....but, as I know...no pics it didn't happen! lol....all and all was a fun day.

jil37o.jpg

Something I use while hunting the flat Sage of Nevada. Camo netting that covers the entire truck.....

2mepvgo.jpg

Was actually calling for cat this day, ended an early morning hunt with a couple of coyotes instead.....both hit with a .308, only reason I had that caliber was hunting an area that I've killed a couple of lions prior......

13yq683.jpg

killed these 3 on three straight stands.

zk5zjk.jpg

Killed this one with a Thor Thermal 640X480.

x5xpmv.jpg

And killed 2 a couple nights ago......

291nlfc.jpg

As always, I wish you all the success that you deserve!
Regards, Drop

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrGreat pics Rick, but what the heck is that white stuff in your second pic? LOL....was up north in Battle Mountain NV....and was cold! Haha hope all is good with Ya’!

Just to let y’all know....top pic, the cat on the right was killed by a buddy of mine! Sorry, forgot to state that in the post!

zk5zjk.jpg

291nlfc.jpg

Dang, Rick, for a feller who don't seem to know which end's up, you sure know how to put the hurt on the coyote population!
wink.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

Sounds like you been havin' way too much fun. That sure is a pretty dark one:

x5xpmv.jpg

Great pics, thanks for sharing....even if I did get a crick in my neck on a couple.
lol.gif

Regards,
Clarence

Originally Posted By: Dropadoglv

291nlfc.jpg

Regards, Drop

Where's Nick?

tt2.gif
thumbup.gif
lol.gif

All joking aside, Rick puts in more miles on a single nights hunt than most do for summer vacation. He's the real deal. Good going pard.

Originally Posted By: ZRick, how does the camo cover for your truck work? Some of the areas I hunt are full of flat sage brush, so, I simply cover the truck with a 25’X20’ camo net cover to blend the truck into the surrounding landscapes. Keeps the walking distance to a minimum. Trying to or attempting to hide the truck is huge difference in calling these areas.

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: Dropadoglv

291nlfc.jpg

Regards, Drop

Where's Nick?

tt2.gif
thumbup.gif
lol.gif

All joking aside, Rick puts in more miles on a single nights hunt than most do for summer vacation. He's the real deal. Good going pard. Lol....Right bro! Makes no difference how far! As long as something goes in the back of my truck! Haha......Nick just got back from Calgary for a paintball tournament, now headed to Cali for another! Says when he gets back in about a week, he’ll hit it hard, guess we’ll see? Lol hope all is well brother! And “Yes”! I still have your number! Hopefully off to Texas for “Big Cat” tournament! Possibly upwards of 600+ Teams? 35-38lb cat could=40-50k....boom!

Originally Posted By: OKRattlerNice! My brother and I are gonna be huntin in The Big Bobcat Contest too. I'd be fine with coming in 5th place even.lol What’s going on “Killer” hope all has been good! Hopefully I’ll see y’all their!! I’ll be down near Brackettville...and way south! Hi-Rackin it!...y’all going for 5 dogs or greys for qualifying? Should be able to kill 5 greys in about an hour hopefully???? Good luck buddy!! Stay in touch man!

Originally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: OKRattlerNice! My brother and I are gonna be huntin in The Big Bobcat Contest too. I'd be fine with coming in 5th place even.lol What’s going on “Killer” hope all has been good! Hopefully I’ll see y’all their!! I’ll be down near Brackettville...and way south! Hi-Rackin it!...y’all going for 5 dogs or greys for qualifying? Should be able to kill 5 greys in about an hour hopefully???? Good luck buddy!! Stay in touch man! Been good buddy just hoping for work to slow down a little so I can get more than one stand in a day.lol

If we go clear down to West Texas we'll try for foxes right off the bat. 5 greys in an hour is definitely doable. You never know you might get 5 on the first stand. Up in the Texas Panhandle we'll get coyotes out of the way first and hunt all night for a cat. That's the plan anyways. About the 2nd animal that comes in that ain't a cat and leaves unscathed I'll probably start shootin anything that eats rabbits.lol

Back