Won't fire in cold.

This is similar to Hornady one shot. It has an iso-parafin with a little bit of Teflon base. It comes out of the can with a cleaner like acetone and it will take all the extra oil and carbon off of the bolt and carrier and when it evaporates it only leaves the iso-parafin/Teflon lube.

I have used it like One Shot processing brass. I have not tried it yet in extreme cold so form you own opinions. I got mine at the local Fleet and Farm.
kwg

https://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Chain-Save...ain+lube+teflon

Make sure to degrease it thoroughly. Some bcg manufacturers use their own grease when they build them. At normal temps, no big deal. But mixed lubes and low temps make for weird science and goo. I have seen it several times. One, lightweight lube at a time.

Thanks for the info fellers. Just ordered some Sea Foam Deep Creep from Amazon so my 6x45 will stay running and Uncle Jimbo won't shoot all my coyotes......

Originally Posted By: HuffrangerThanks for the info fellers. Just ordered some Sea Foam Deep Creep from Amazon so my 6x45 will stay running and Uncle Jimbo won't shoot all my coyotes......

Now I’ll have to find another way to sabotage your equipment!
tt2.gif

I had to switch up my lubricant for cold weather, as well. I was using a CLP, but the recent cold snap we had made it gum up like pancake syrup. I ended up taking apart my BCG and wiping it all down with REM oil. I'm not running it dry per se, but I don't leave much excess on anything. I always figure if I'm coyote hunting and not doing any high-volume target shooting, going a little light on the lube shouldn't hurt anything.

I haven't seen anyone mention using an NiB bolt carrier.
Been using them now almost 10 years and have never had a problem.

May want to clean the trigger assembly and hammer as well, especially if you are running light springs, and make sure you are getting your moneys worth there.

Back