Night Goggles “Night Stalker” and "Night Stalker PRO" Tripods! (In STOCK 7-25!)

How do you like these for day time hunting? Would it be practical to use it elk hunting for a spotter then switch to rifle mount?

For coyote hunting is it easy to pick up and reposition to take a shot?

Originally Posted By: HumpnessHow do you like these for day time hunting? Would it be practical to use it elk hunting for a spotter then switch to rifle mount?

I don't have one yet (my bad) but the mounting system works with a multitude of options, I don't see why it wouldn't work your your intended use.

https://photographylife.com/arca-swiss-quick-release-system

Last edited:
IMG_47521-403917.jpg

Originally Posted By: wardogoWhat is better for multiplatform use (bolt action rifle and AR15), the Reaper Grip or Pig Saddle?

Either rest is great for any application. The Pig Saddle's vise does go about a quarter of an inch smaller (1.5" when fully closed) for small forends. The Reaper Grip is 1.75" approximately when fully closed. Other than that, no difference.

Originally Posted By: HumpnessHow do you like these for day time hunting? Would it be practical to use it elk hunting for a spotter then switch to rifle mount?

Yes! This is where the Night Stalker really shines. Pop off your spotting scope and put you rifle on in seconds! Transitioning for shots is as simple as using an attached bipod with more stability.

Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMOriginally Posted By: wardogoWhat is better for multiplatform use (bolt action rifle and AR15), the Reaper Grip or Pig Saddle?

Either rest is great for any application. The Pig Saddle's vise does go about a quarter of an inch smaller (1.5" when fully closed) for small forends. The Reaper Grip is 1.75" approximately when fully closed. Other than that, no difference.

Thanks!

I thought some have said that that Reaper is better if you want to record?

If using a regular bolt action like the Ruger American Ranch Rifle would either grip work well?

1.442" is what the matrix measure across the flats.

Handguard on the stoner sidecharge upper measures 1.670".

I have Matrix on everything.....not good!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: G AndersonAny shipping updates Tom for those of us that didn't get in on the first batch?

Gene

Hey Gene, yours should ship out as soon as we receive our next lot. Any day now. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: varminter .2231.442" is what the matrix measure across the flats.

Handguard on the stoner sidecharge upper measures 1.670".

I have Matrix on everything.....not good!

The Pig Saddle and Reaper Grip might not work for your Matrix handguards due to the size, but you can always use a direct mount that attaches right to the tripod. Better stability too.

CRETAC Picatinny to Arca-Swiss adaptor shown here.

Originally Posted By: wardogoOriginally Posted By: NGI_TOMOriginally Posted By: wardogoWhat is better for multiplatform use (bolt action rifle and AR15), the Reaper Grip or Pig Saddle?

Thanks!

I thought some have said that that Reaper is better if you want to record?

If using a regular bolt action like the Ruger American Ranch Rifle would either grip work well?

Correct, you can add a small handicam to the Reaper Grip too. For the Ruger American, I would go with the Pig Saddle however just to be safe.

This rest is becoming my favorite piece of gear that I have!
No more unsteady/risky shots
being hands free until a coyote is spotted is huge

2021.jpg

Wow Galen your stacking them up!Nice job and congrats.Hoping mine will be included in the next batch that ships out!

Any issues with it in the subzero weather we've been experiencing?

Mike

Originally Posted By: GalenThis rest is becoming my favorite piece of gear that I have!
No more unsteady/risky shots
being hands until a coyote is spotted is huge

2021.jpg

Do you have your call hanging off of your tripod for the pic or is that how you've been calling them?

Originally Posted By: try2huntWow Galen your stacking them up!Nice job and congrats.Hoping mine will be included in the next batch that ships out!

Any issues with it in the subzero weather we've been experiencing?

Mike

These freezing temps have not affected my setup, And I am extremely happy about that since that was a concern of mine to!
I'm sure you will love the tripod!

Haha wardogo yes, I actually just hung the call up on the tripod
I thought it added a nice touch
smile.gif

Back